80g PS3 + 15 free BR @ Walmart [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 80g PS3 + 15 free BR @ Walmart

L.J.
11-19-2007, 07:44 AM
80g PS3 plus 15 free BR for $499 @ Walmart. Sale is on Sat.11/24 at 8:00am

10 free in-store plus the 5 free mail in rebate.

http://holiday.ri-walmart.com/?section=secret

Just click on Saturday to see the sale.

GMichael
11-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Doh!....

Groundbeef
11-19-2007, 08:19 AM

Thats a good deal. And with "minimum 2 per store" I don't think many people will be getting it.

And people slam HD-DVD for giving away the farm. 15 movies wow. Almost makes me want to get one. Almost.

GMichael
11-19-2007, 08:22 AM
I bought mine from them online last week. Hoping there's some way I can get them to extend this deal to me.

L.J.
11-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Wonder how early you'd have to get in line? Better bring a stick with you just in case.

GMichael
11-19-2007, 08:35 AM
LJ,

I can't get that link to open. Something about me needing to dowload Flash version 8 or higher. I can't download anything at work. Can you copy and paste the add so that I can see some of the details?

Tanx

GMichael
11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
And people slam HD-DVD for giving away the farm. 15 movies wow. Almost makes me want to get one. Almost.

Not me. I like the deal I got from Tosh/Wally.

L.J.
11-19-2007, 08:44 AM
There are no details. Just says 11/24 at 8am, minimum 2 per store.

GMichael
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Well, I sent Wally an email explaining my situation. Let's see what they have to offer.

drseid
11-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Excellent deal. If they ever offer the same (or similar) on the 40g model, I am in.

---Dave

L.J.
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, I sent Wally an email explaining my situation. Let's see what they have to offer.

I don't think that's gonna work. You could always go for one and return your other one. Guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

GMichael
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't think that's gonna work. You could always go for one and return your other one. Guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

That was part of my email. I told them that I would return the one I already have if that was the only way for me to get a deal.

Groundbeef
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
That was part of my email. I told them that I would return the one I already have if that was the only way for me to get a deal.

I'm sure they are URGENTLY working on your request.

BTW, if they don't (I'm sure they wont). Go on the 24th with yours in tow. Go to "returns" and return. Then ask for your PS3 back so you can go "ring it up" again. Viola, you got it on the right day and everything.

That should work!

GMichael
11-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm sure they are URGENTLY working on your request.

BTW, if they don't (I'm sure they wont). Go on the 24th with yours in tow. Go to "returns" and return. Then ask for your PS3 back so you can go "ring it up" again. Viola, you got it on the right day and everything.

That should work!

I'm sure they don't NEED my business. But I put the ball in their court. If they don't care, then I'll do it my way.

nightflier
11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
For the first 10 movies, can you pick any movie in the store or do you have to pick from "a selection" of movies?

L.J.
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
There's a thread over at DVDTalk that says you are able to pick 10 in store movies that are $30 or under.

I don't see this info listed on the website and no links were provided in the thread to confirm this so this info may not be correct.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=517548&page=1&pp=25

Groundbeef
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sure they don't NEED my business. But I put the ball in their court. If they don't care, then I'll do it my way.

It was sarcasm. But I doubt WalMart reps are standing by to address your problem. Good luck with it!

pixelthis
11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
HOPE the dog tracks kind to me this week:(

bobsticks
11-20-2007, 03:28 AM
There are no details. Just says 11/24 at 8am, minimum 2 per store.

No big deal. There's nothing some pepperspray and a baton won't cure in that scenario.

GMichael
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
It was sarcasm. But I doubt WalMart reps are standing by to address your problem. Good luck with it!

Well, they did write back in less than 24 hours. Not bad. But they said that the only thing I could do is return mine and buy another on the sale date. Was expecting that but was taking a shot anyhow.
Now, is it worth it? Fight the crowds to get 10 extra BR movies? I was there last night. Not much to choose from. The only ones I want are the ones I already have or have on order. But free is a good price.

Must weigh options.:idea:

Groundbeef
11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Well, they did write back in less than 24 hours. Not bad. But they said that the only thing I could do is return mine and buy another on the sale date. Was expecting that but was taking a shot anyhow.
Now, is it worth it? Fight the crowds to get 10 extra BR movies? I was there last night. Not much to choose from. The only ones I want are the ones I already have or have on order. But free is a good price.

Do yu have to buy it by the time? Or any time during that day?

If you could, I would return it and get 10 movies. Get the best of the selection you can, and sell them on Ebay. If you sell each one for $15, thats $150 off your price of your PS3. Thats a deal either way.

L.J.
11-20-2007, 07:21 AM

Well at least it's on the 24th vs black friday. Maybe it won't be as bad (tries to hold a straight face). You'd probably have to get in line at 6am. Maybe earlier than that.

The sale may only be available in the electronics dept. and done in a organized way, like with the A2's for $98. They separated the lines and waited until exactly 8am to start ringing people up at my store.

The real question is: How many BR titles are they gonna have in stock that day?

GMichael
11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Do yu have to buy it by the time? Or any time during that day?

If you could, I would return it and get 10 movies. Get the best of the selection you can, and sell them on Ebay. If you sell each one for $15, thats $150 off your price of your PS3. Thats a deal either way.

I saw that same suggestion on another site. It's definitely an option to weigh.

There was a timeline, but I would guess that the early bird finds more then an empty shelf.

Groundbeef
11-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I saw that same suggestion on another site. It's definitely an option to weigh.

There was a timeline, but I would guess that the early bird finds more then an empty shelf.

But it shouldn't be a problem for you. Contact your local Wal-Mart, and explain what you want to do. Ask if you bring in yours (PS3) on BF, go to "returns" return it, and then have them hand it back to you. Carry your PS3 to Electronics, have it rung up, and get your free movies. Its basically jumping through hoops, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

If you can talk to a manager make sure to jot down their name. It's always nice to name drop when dealing with the line workers at Wally World. Seems to make them move faster.