Soundstage Cart Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Soundstage Cart Review

BRANDONH
11-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Sound stage did a pretty favorable review on my cart the Audio-Technica OC9/ML/II and received the reviewers choice.
I know I like it.

http://www.soundstage.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

jim goulding
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Granbury, TX. You know a cat named Richard Rall? Or, perhaps his former Mrs., Laverne? I lived in Fort Worth, then Weatherford, for 10 years. That was quite a few years ago. They had a Pacific Stereo back then. I imagine Marvin Electronics is still there. An order of chicken tacos at Caros' on Bluebonnet Circle is hard to beat!

BRANDONH
11-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Granbury, TX. You know a cat named Richard Rall? Or, perhaps his former Mrs., Laverne? I lived in Fort Worth, then Weatherford, for 10 years. That was quite a few years ago. They had a Pacific Stereo back then. I imagine Marvin Electronics is still there. An order of chicken tacos at Caros' on Bluebonnet Circle is hard to beat!

No I don't know them, I live in the outskirts (sticks) and not officially in Granbury but Hood County but have a Granbury zip.
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) lives here though but I have never met him in person.
Pacific Stereo what a great place that was huh?
Yeah Marvin electronics is still there I bought my Pioneer Elite equipment from them.
Never been to Caros I do know where Bluebonnet Circle is my have to check them out.

hifitommy
12-02-2007, 11:50 AM
it describes my original oc9 that the diamond fell from. i sent it to AT USA in ohio and for just over $150, they sent me a new II.

the lively sound was one of the attributes that is described here that i admired about the cart. when the diamond fell out, i just figured i had gotten my moneys-worth but was out the cart. then i heard about the deal from AT. well HAPPY DAYS!

i will have t mount it soon i suppose, along with my grace f9e (i will be on a roll). its not like i am without great sounding carts:

cartridges:FR1 IIIf, atML170(also have the 150 stylus-nos), orotofon mc200, krell kc100, shure v15Vxmr, grace f9e, stanton 881s (new stylus), sumiko blue point orig with aluminum block mod, XLMII given to me by stringplay. desire to have ortofon Kb.

<?xml:namespace prefix = cartridges /><cartridges:FR1 b. Kontrapunkt ortofon have to desire stringplay. by me given XLMII mod, block aluminum with orig point blue sumiko stylus), (new 881s stanton f9e, grace v15Vxmr, shure kc100, krell mc200, orotofon stylus-nos), 150 the atML170(also IIIf,>
the f9e might go to the g707 just for fun.
</cartridges:FR1>