Christy Moore tomorrow night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Christy Moore tomorrow night

Bernd
11-18-2007, 02:15 AM
I am going to see Christy Moore tomorrow night at the Manchester Bridgewater Hall. The last time I had the pleassure was in '97. Saw him a couple of times pre'97 and have always been fascinated by how one man and his acoustic guitar can hold an audience spell-bound. A most carismatic performer.
His last few tours did clash with my work commitments, but not this time.:)

Have a good weekend

Peace

:6:

bobsticks
11-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. If the live discs catured even 10% of the excitement of the show then you're in for quite an evening. Pretty impressive crowd interplay old boy has and for some reason I have the feeling you will be at the forfront of the "interaction".

I was going to say be careful and behave well, but forget that. Have a celebration earned by a year's hard labor and make it count.

Peace

ForeverAutumn
11-18-2007, 07:50 AM
have always been fascinated by how one man and his acoustic guitar can hold an audience spell-bound. A most carismatic performer.

I'm not familiar with Christy Moore but this statement is very intriguing indeed. I'm a sucker for great accoustic guitar. I'll definately have to investigate.

Have a great time at the show Bernd!

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
I received a little package in the mail last night and I have to say that this Christy Moore stuff is very good. As Bobsticks pointed out, his live stuff is certainly lively. He's a great story-teller both inside and outside of his songs. After hearing the live CD this is an act that I would definately go see if he ever ventured to this side of the Commonwealth.

Also received in my pre-christmas gift from overseas was Mike Scott and Miracle Mile. I've not heard either and look forward to giving them a listen. And Sigor Ros, (), which I own and am not particularly fond of. But thanks for the thought!

What I'd really like to know is why it takes a package from the US three weeks to reach me and a package from the UK can get to me in under a week!

bobsticks
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
What I'd really like to know is why it takes a package from the US three weeks to reach me and a package from the UK can get to me in under a week!

It 'cause Bush's Border Waffen are opening every North American package searching for illegal Mexicans to register to vote in Florida.

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
It 'cause Bush's Border Waffen are opening every North American package searching for illegal Mexicans to register to vote in Florida.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HFhi7RSNm8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HFhi7RSNm8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>