World's best speaker now available for PC & Multimedia [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : World's best speaker now available for PC & Multimedia

Mr Peabody
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Check'em out

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/multimedia/index.php

Florian
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
WOW! Thats even more fanboyism then i could do :ihih:

kexodusc
11-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Interesting - especially the 1st order crossover...wow. I'll reserve judgement until I hear them but it's definitely surprising? 1st orders are mega hard to pull off.

Other than that I kinda like it - the smaller woofer and close-packing with the tweeter is critical - they didn't ignore that.

Mr Peabody
11-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't deny being a fan. If you heard the big Evidence you'd probably forget about those Apogees.

jim goulding
11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm hearing that Audio Engine makes a self-powered puppy that lists for $375. The way they were described to me is that they have a 4" mid/bass driver in a minimal baffle enclosure. The guy that told me about them recommends them highly.

anamorphic96
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Audio Engine has two models. The one described above is the A2 and is only 199.00 a pair. The larger model is the A5 and retails for 349.00 and is equipped with a 6" woofer.

The Audio Engine's are probably the best bang for the buck on the market.

http://audioengineusa.com/

Florian
11-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't deny being a fan. If you heard the big Evidence you'd probably forget about those Apogees.

Hahah... you do know that the Evidence Master is easily in my pocket ;-)
At least i know how the big Evidence sounds, you dont know about my speakers tough.

Keep rocking

Flo

nightflier
11-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Dynaudio has been making internally powered speakers on the pro-audio side for some time, right? Are these that different?

Mr Peabody
11-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not familiar with the Pro side.

The Audio Engine A5 looks pretty cool too. A USB charging port is a nice feature.

bfalls
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
I work for Sony and in our Audio Authoring Suite we use Dynadio BM6A and BM15A powered speakers. The 6As have internal 100W amps for the tweeter and woofer. The BM15As have 300W woofer and 100W tweeter amps. We also use Genelec monitors, Dunlavy SCIVs and SVS subs in our Video and Quality suites. Of course, we have Sony ES components but also use Hafler amps, Theda Digital, Conrad Johnson and other high-end gear.

Prior to the popularity of Home Theater Sony used custom engineered speakers built into the wall. They had 15" woofers and wood 60/90 horns. I started working here only a couple of years ago. Being an "audio enthusiast" for over 35 years I had to wipe drool from my chin during the initial orientation. Last week one of Pink Floyd's managers were in-house for a meeting and "borrowed" the audio suite to review product. We were asked to respect his privacy, so I didn't get to hear his samples. He was very impressed with the setup. He said he had just come from EMI in London and stated our suite was much better.

So yes, Dynadio has made powered speakers for many years. Now, if I could just find a cable with mini-plug on one end and balanced connectors on the other, I'm set:-)