Upgrading My System. Fluance? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading My System. Fluance?

NTL1991
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Hello

I have my current AV System:

Harman Kardon AVR235 7.1 Receiver
JBL Venue Monitors (Fronts)
ProScan Sides and Rears (Uhh!)
Harman Kardon DVD27 DVD Player

and I want to upgrade it (This is my Christmas Gift). I first wanted to go with Infinity or JBL towers (because as you can see in my profile, my family is addicted to HK.) But, I found this company, Fluance, and I am pleased with their reviews and the price of their speakers which I think would be a good company to go buy them from. I am currently looking at their SV-10 towers. Does anyone have any advice or other recommendations?

First off, I want to get true Floor Standing Speakers for the fronts, and then I can move my Monitors to the rear or sides, and replace those cheap ProScans.

My budget is around $350 for the fronts and maybe later I can buy another pair of Monitors from HarmanAudio to get rid of the other 2 ProScans.

Also, I need to get a decent center channel. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, cheap one? I doubt that I'd need a subwoofer because I'm not bass hungry.

Thanks,
Nick

anamorphic96
11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I would stick with JBL. The Fluance will be more of a downgrade than anything else. Most of the reviews seem to be only from customers and not from audio publications. The JBL's your using are the replacement for the Northridge series and sound pretty respectable for the price.

Check JR.com and e-bay for some solid discounts on the JBL Venue series.

NTL1991
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. Earlier I was looking at HarmanAudio where I bought my receiver and my JBLs. They have the Stadium (Venue Series) for $179/ea which seems like a great price to me... Should I check these out?

Edit: Your right, I'd be better off buying them at JR because they have free shipping. $376 total for 2.

Nick

NTL1991
11-17-2007, 08:40 PM
So I'm going to buy a pair of the Stadiums by JBL at $144/each with free shipping from Amazon, the Voice Center Channel, and 2 Balcony Wall Speakers for the right and left sides... Comes to $460 with free shipping on everything.

Thanks
Nick

anamorphic96
11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I think you will be pretty happy with the JBL's. You've done the smart thing and kept everything matched. Especially across the front stage. This will help keep things very coherent when watching movies.

Let us know how things work out.

NTL1991
11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I will update after I get them and they are all set up.

Thanks Again
Nick