Pioneer Floor Standers?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Floor Standers??

thekid
11-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Thrift shopping today I saw a pair of huge pair of Pioneer Floor speakers. They were 4- way speakers over 4ft tall and about 1 1/2 wide. I thought the model was TS-7100 but I can not seem to find anything on them. They are asking $100 for the pair. Anyone know anything on them?

cjpremierfour
11-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Could not find any info on a ts-7100 either. Could you give the driver layout? Was it a ribbon tweeter?

thekid
11-18-2007, 03:10 AM
Could not find any info on a ts-7100 either. Could you give the driver layout? Was it a ribbon tweeter?

Sorry I did not spend that much time with them to answer your questions. I just noted the model number so I could look it up. The fact that I can't find anything makes me wonder if I even got that right. From what I can recall it looked to have a 10-inch maybe 12 woofer a 5 inch mid-range, the tweeters were side by side. As I said these things were huge probably 60+lbs and you would need 2 people to carry them. Cabinets were a walnut veneer with black grills. If they were a little cheaper and I was not expecting another pair of towers in the next day or so I'd pick them up just for the curosity factor. I do wonder where they came from as they are so large I do not see any of your normal retail stores stocking these things because of their size.

thekid
11-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Well it does seem like my dyslexia kicked in on the model number. Started trying various combinations and found out the model# was a CS-T7100. Seems it is from the early 90's and appears to have been available through military PX's. Here are some state I foud over on AudioKarma. Sounds like the $100 they want is out of line.

CS-T7100 (Military)
Made in 1991
4 way - 5 speaker system.
12" woofer, 4.75" mid/tweeter
$370 per pair new - $90 used

tiny
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
at that price I would pass them by. I see good 15" pioneer floor standers in my local pawnshops all the time for that price or less.