B&w M-1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&w M-1

SAPSEC
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Are B&W M-1 speakers for home-theatre or stereo music ? Anyone experienced playing these small babies ? Thanks

PAOGORMAN2001
11-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Are you sure that model isn't a CM1 ?

cjpremierfour
11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
It was designed for a small home theater, with the help of 1 of 3 B & W sub woofers.

PDN
11-22-2007, 04:50 PM
B&W calls their M-1's Mini-Theater speakers. While they are intended to produce the surround sound affects in movies and films, they do a great job filling up a room with music provided you have two great main speakers and a sub-woofer. I have 3 M-1's: two for surrounds and one as my center channel. (I simply don't have the room for a typical size center channel). The M-1's employ B&W's tapered tube loaded tweeter design producing excllent high frequencies and detail in a clean natural sound. I'm not sure I would use them alone with a sub-woofer but I guess in a smaller room for just 2.1 channel music, they would sound good with the right sub. I use my system primarily for music and concert DVD's. Movies are just a bonus. I also have a pair of DM603 S3's as my mains. I love having the music all around me and these babies can fill up the room nicely. If you don't have the room for larger units, the M-1's are an excellent choice.

SAPSEC
11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
B&W calls their M-1's Mini-Theater speakers. While they are intended to produce the surround sound affects in movies and films, they do a great job filling up a room with music provided you have two great main speakers and a sub-woofer. I have 3 M-1's: two for surrounds and one as my center channel. (I simply don't have the room for a typical size center channel). The M-1's employ B&W's tapered tube loaded tweeter design producing excllent high frequencies and detail in a clean natural sound. I'm not sure I would use them alone with a sub-woofer but I guess in a smaller room for just 2.1 channel music, they would sound good with the right sub. I use my system primarily for music and concert DVD's. Movies are just a bonus. I also have a pair of DM603 S3's as my mains. I love having the music all around me and these babies can fill up the room nicely. If you don't have the room for larger units, the M-1's are an excellent choice.

Thank you PDN. I do have the right sub already. My question is can I use two M-1 to listen to hi-fi stereo (have limited space) ? I heard these produce very high frequencies (up to 25KHZ) so they are good for home theatre but may be not for stereo music. Is it true ? Thanks