Anyone familar with Vincent Audio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familar with Vincent Audio?

andrewh973
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

I saw components listed on Audio Advisor by German company for Vincent Audio (receiver, amps, CD players). Has anyone had any experience with these products? If so, what do you think?

www.audioadvisor.com

jrhymeammo
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Read up on this link for some inform.

http://audio-nirvana.fortunecity.net/pag_eng/chinawayg.htm

basite
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
if you're on a VERY VERY LOW BUDGET, and this is your very very last resort, then get them. otherwise: stay away. all vincent does is making Classe, Mark Levinson & Krell ripoffs.

I've heard them a few times: the sound quality is reasonable (although nothing special) but the sound has no dimension, no depth, no nothing, it just produces 'sound', but extremely flat. only good point is that they go loud.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the company isn't really german. It's designed by a german (dunno which one, but definately not a creative engineer...), the company is really chinese, built in china, and the products are designed in germany (some of them...), built to a low budget. Then produced in china using not-so-good-parts...

so, I hope I helped...
Keep them spinning
Bert.

Florian
11-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Bastie ist right, its crap. Check out something else ;-)

The Good Guy
09-01-2014, 02:18 AM
You have a very impressive audio system but I strongly disagree with you regarding the quality of Vincent Audio. I own the Vincent SP 991 plus Monoblock amplifiers & they sound superb, plenty of clarity, depth & oodles of clean power.

True Vincent is built in China (German Design) but so is Quad, Denon & some of the B&W range. If it keeps prices down so people can afford it that's a good thing. Thank You

The Good Guy
09-01-2014, 02:22 AM
I strongly disagree. Vincent Audio makes superb sounding , look, build quality for the money & if building equipment in China keeps prices down thats a good thing.

I own Vincent SP991 plus Monobloc Power Amps & they have clarity, depth & oodles of clean power.

As always use your own ears when it comes to audio.

blackraven
09-01-2014, 06:45 AM
The newer Vincent gear is supposed to sound great. They are a lot of bang for the buck. A guy by the name of Frenchmon here has one of their higher end amps and preamps and loves them.

JohnMichael
09-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Nice almost 8 year thread bump. How about something new?