Kenwood KR-3600 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KR-3600

thekid
11-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Scored picking up a Kenwood KR-3600 last night. Unit dates back to the 70's is a 22w per channel and cost about $250 back in the day. Have not been able to find out any other info. Does anyone out there have any experience with this unit? Thanks!

Feanor
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Scored picking up a Kenwood KR-3600 last night. Unit dates back to the 70's is a 22w per channel and cost about $250 back in the day. Have not been able to find out any other info. Does anyone out there have any experience with this unit? Thanks!

I have no experience with them, and the only info I could find about the KR-3600 was below, i.e. introduced in 1974, 22x2 w/c @ 8 ohms ...
http://www.vintageshifi.com/m3.html

In general the Kenwoods were well-regarded, among the top few brands, especially their tuners.

thekid
11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Feanor

Thanks, every little bit helps. It is kind of amazing as I go around and start talking to some people I work with etc. that they offering up some older gear they just having lying around. Who knows I met get lucky....

Today a co-worker offered a me a Onkyo set-up from like 89/90 that he said he paid $2500 for back in the day. Apparently comes with a separate receiver, 5-disc CD player, turntable and I think 2 tower speakers. All I would have to do is copy onto CD some of his old vinyl. I do not know anything about Onkyo much less from that era so before I agree to take it ff his hands he is going to send me some model numbers. Perhaps some here can give an idea if it is worth bringing home. I am starting to reach the saturation point with my wife on how many systems are in the house...... :)