CD Changer With MP3 Reading [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer With MP3 Reading

SAPSEC
11-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I would like to purchase a CD changer which can play MP3 as well. I think I have a choice between Marantz CC 4001 and Denon DCM 390. Which unit does give better sound ? Anyone used or experienced to these cd changers ? Besides these 2 models are there any brand / model I could take a look at ? Really appreciate your helps and opinions.

Thanks,

Andy

N. Abstentia
11-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Between those two brands, Marantz would be generally better. They are 'sister' companies owned by the same parent company so they are very similar, with Marantz being the higher end and Denon being more consumer oriented.

But personally I have an Onkyo that does MP3's, it works great....although I haven't touched it in over a year...after I got my Xbox 360 which streams my entire collection instead of just a handful on CDR's :)

SAPSEC
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Between those two brands, Marantz would be generally better. They are 'sister' companies owned by the same parent company so they are very similar, with Marantz being the higher end and Denon being more consumer oriented.

But personally I have an Onkyo that does MP3's, it works great....although I haven't touched it in over a year...after I got my Xbox 360 which streams my entire collection instead of just a handful on CDR's :)

I just went to the store and listened to both. Denon 390 sounds much much better than Marantz, although Marantz looks nicer and has better features. It's the time for me to choose sound quality or features. I saw a few reviews complaining Denon sometimes has problem reading disk (no disc message). Don't know it's true or not. Anyone experienced these please give me some advice before I buy. The Onkyo you have is it DXC390 ? Thanks

N. Abstentia
11-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah I think it is the C390, it was $199 when I bought it I think.

But man, I've NEVER heard any Denon that was even in the same ballpark as Marantz. You sure there wasn't some shadiness going on with the hookups? I'm sure they have a wider profit margin with Denon so they are probably pushing it pretty hard.