I love competition [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I love competition

pixelthis
11-12-2007, 01:47 AM
In the last week or so Comcast has added several new HD channels, the food network,
USA (aka the law and order channel) HGTV, and CNN HD.
Now if they would just get the freakin SCI FI channel...
They are picking up the pace of their new additions, could be the 71 new Direct tv
HD channels is making them a bit nervous.
Not like the bad old days when it took them YEARS to add this newfangled thing called stereo, because it was just an expense, they were the only game in town.
But with two sat services and telecom breathing down their neck thats not the case anymore.
I love competition:1:

L.J.
11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Hmmm.......No new channels for me :(

GMichael
11-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I got 3 or 4 new useless HD channels. I can now watch reruns of shows I didn't like in the first place in 5.1 & HD.
At least it's a start though. Maybe next year they'll add a few I actually want.

topspeed
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I've got channels in HD that I didn't have in SD before! I decided to check my "HD only" channels yesterday and found out I had Smithsonian HD, a channel I never had before regardless of pixel count. I was also stoked to find Fox Sports West HD, which is important as they usually carry the less glamorous USC games (i.e. USC vs. Idaho).

BTW, has anybody else found it interesting that some of the HD channels (such as Food Network) have programming independent of the SD channel? For instance, say the SD channel is airing any one of the 20 shows with Rachel Ray (I hate her) but one channel up on Food HD, they've got lovely Nigella or Giada in full HD glory? Not a hard choice, but at least I have the choice to make! Niiiice.

pixelthis
11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I've got channels in HD that I didn't have in SD before! I decided to check my "HD only" channels yesterday and found out I had Smithsonian HD, a channel I never had before regardless of pixel count. I was also stoked to find Fox Sports West HD, which is important as they usually carry the less glamorous USC games (i.e. USC vs. Idaho).

BTW, has anybody else found it interesting that some of the HD channels (such as Food Network) have programming independent of the SD channel? For instance, say the SD channel is airing any one of the 20 shows with Rachel Ray (I hate her) but one channel up on Food HD, they've got lovely Nigella or Giada in full HD glory? Not a hard choice, but at least I have the choice to make! Niiiice.

The discovery channel started this. Bummer that House hunters isnt on HGTV.
I see stargate atlantis on UHD and its beeyotiful, WHEN are the newer episodes on sci fi be available?
BTW is that smithsonian channel any good?

One good thing, we/re getting past the "wow" factor where the programmers pick out stuff
for the content and NOT what it looks like on HDTV (Although Chirstina Applegate is certainly fetching on her new samatha who? sitcom.)
GOD what a set of freckles!
Anyway you get tired of scenery, time for some content, like the bourne uncut that was on USA today:1: