Chemical Brothers recs? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Brothers recs?

Mr Peabody
11-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I've heard a couple Chemical Brothers songs and I've liked them and they have my interest. Any particular album or albums that stand out?

Jim Clark
11-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh yeah, Dig Your Own Hole, IMO is a standout and should be owned by everyone! The track "Where Do I Begin" is one of my favorite tracks of all time. Mesmerizing. Actually if your library system is worth a darn they probably have a copy you could try out.

The singles collection is another obvious choice since the tracks you heard and like will most likely be represented. Alas, no "Where Do I Begin". On the other hand there's "The Golden Path" feat. The Flaming Lips which was on my 2004 Year End Comp.

jc

audio amateur
11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
I was introduced to 'influence' playing wipeout 3 on playstation:D such a track!! It's from the album 'surrender', but other than that it, i haven't heard much Chemical Bros. Will be doing so in the near future:)

audio amateur
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Actually the track I think is 'under the influence'.

Mr Peabody
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
You might also want to give the band Crystal Method a listen. I ran across them while checking out Chemical Bros. samples. CM sounds pretty good too.

Woochifer
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
My personal favorite Chemical Brothers album is Exit Planet Dust. That was the album that immediately preceded their big breakthrough album Dig Your Own Hole, which took their trip-hop sound into the "big beat" territory that was very popular at that time among the various electronica bands. Chemical Brothers also have a lot of other remixing work to their credit that's very interesting.

If you like the big beat sound from Dig Your Own Hole, then the Crystal Method is a great band to explore, since they've really stuck with that sound. Tweekend is probably my favorite Crystal Method album, but their debut album Vegas is also strong from end to end. "High Roller" from Vegas is the track I use for testing deep bass. Unless you're using full range speakers or a legitimate subwoofer, you'll barely hear the room shaking bass on that track. The Crystal Method's third album Legion of Boom is another great audio demo, especially the multichannel DVD-A version (it comes with a 1.5k DTS track, so you don't need a DVD-A player to enjoy it).

dean_martin
11-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I have Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole on vinyl and the Electrobank (has one of the best intros of all time) cd single release from Dig Your Own Hole. Both these albums are good, but for some reason I stopped following them.

klalaivani
04-10-2008, 04:36 AM
yeah... if u like the chemical brothers, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +