It's trigger pulling time... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's trigger pulling time...

GMichael
11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
How many of you can guess what I bought? I'm sure that some of you already remember what was next on my list.

JohnMichael
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
The Parasound Halo A 23 power amp? Damn I need a better paying job.

L.J.
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Finally got a PS3 huh? Which one? 40? 60? 80?

GMichael
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
The Parasound Halo A 23 power amp? Damn I need a better paying job.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZ.... Although, I still like this unit, it is not next on my upgrade list.

GMichael
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Finally got a PS3 huh? Which one? 40? 60? 80?

Ding ding ding. You are right Sir J. Please take any stuffed toy from the center shelf.

The 80.

The 40 seems to have QC issues (as well as no SACD). Something like a 40% return rate. That's why I didn't want the 360. The 40 is the only one made at a different location though. The others should be ok, so far.

The 60 was high on my list, but the special ended. Faced with the 80 plus a game vs the 60 with no game, both at the same price, I went with the 80.

CC and BB both submitted their BF lists today. Only the 40GB is on them.

basite
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Congrats GM :)

now you've gotta start gaming, or at least get a kid that does :ihih:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

JohnMichael
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
BUZZZZZZZZZZZ.... Although, I still like this unit, it is not next on my upgrade list.

Oh, you bought a game. I am sorry I was thinking audio. What does it upgrade?:ciappa:

L.J.
11-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Ding ding ding. You are right Sir J. Please take any stuffed toy from the center shelf.

The 80.

The 40 seems to have QC issues (as well as no SACD). Something like a 40% return rate. That's why I didn't want the 360. The 40 is the only one made at a different location though. The others should be ok, so far.

The 60 was high on my list, but the special ended. Faced with the 80 plus a game vs the 60 with no game, both at the same price, I went with the 80.

CC and BB both submitted their BF lists today. Only the 40GB is on them.

It's about time!!!! Look at this guy, format neutral just like that.

Congrats. I've had my PS3 running for a year now with no problems. Not sure if your into animation, but you gotta give Rataouille a try. Some of the best PQ I have seen so far. Just excellent. Head over to JR.com. There's a decent sale going on. BR titles as low as $12.99

GMichael
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh, you bought a game. I am sorry I was thinking audio. What does it upgrade?:ciappa:

My lifestyle.

hehehehehehehehehe.......

GMichael
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
It's about time!!!! Look at this guy, format neutral just like that.

Congrats. I've had my PS3 running for a year now with no problems. Not sure if your into animation, but you gotta give Rataouille a try. Some of the best PQ I have seen so far. Just excellent. Head over to JR.com. There's a decent sale going on. BR titles as low as $12.99

Hmm.. Anything good?

It was tough to pick my 5 freebies. I had to Google a few of the titles to find out what they were about.
How embarrassing.

L.J.
11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Hmm.. Anything good?

It was tough to pick my 5 freebies. I had to Google a few of the titles to find out what they were about.
How embarrassing.

Check this place out:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/

You find plenty of reviews here and get track & video info usually before the disc is released.

JohnMichael
11-10-2007, 08:37 AM
My lifestyle.

hehehehehehehehehe.......

I was trying for a red chicklet by showing some attitude.

bobsticks
11-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Congrats on the new toy GM. I have the 360 with the HD add-on and while it is servicable enough I've considered going this route as well. Ultimately, you combine the lack of material on HD DVD and the intrusive fan level of the X-Box and it is not the best solution.

I look forward to reading your impressions and enjoy your new toy...as it were.

GMichael
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG........!!! !!!

After waiting all this time, 4 days after I pull the trigger, NOW they go on sale!?

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Select K-Mart stores this week began to honor a 20 percent off coupon for Sony Corp.’s Playstation 3 hardware at brick and mortar locations.
Members of deal website Fatwallet.com this week confirmed that the coupon could apply to the latest Playstation hardware to provide a substantial discount to either the 40GB or 80GB SKU.

The coupon is a valid for one week between Nov. 11 and Nov. 17 on one item in the store.

The 40GB PS3, which features built-in Wi-Fi and a copy of Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray disc, typically retails for $399. The 80GB version, which features limited backwards compatibility, is sold for $499.

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=5124

L.J.
11-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Can't you return it?

Worf101
11-14-2007, 04:37 AM
That's what you get. I wouldn't buy a Sony ANYTHING with your money or play it with your hands... LOL... They've lost millions on that thing. Is there yet ONE game worth getting that thing to play that I couldn't play better on PC?

Da Worfster

GMichael
11-14-2007, 06:16 AM
That's what you get. I wouldn't buy a Sony ANYTHING with your money or play it with your hands... LOL... They've lost millions on that thing. Is there yet ONE game worth getting that thing to play that I couldn't play better on PC?

Da Worfster

I'll still have fun playing it.
Sony? Never my first choice. But choices are limited. And my computer is not hooked up to my 106" HD projector.