Black Friday CC & BB just added.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday CC & BB just added..

GMichael
11-09-2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.black-friday.net/

topspeed
11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
???:confused:???

GMichael
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
???:confused:???

Sorry, was in a rush.

This websites lists what all the retailers are going to have on sale on Black Friday.

CC and BB just got added to the list.
Walmart is still a hold-out.

Rock&Roll Ninja
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Must be getting old. The only deal I liked was BestBuy's $1299 Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD. Which I can't even afford. Saves me a trip into town I guess.

GMichael
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM
What it showed me was that no one is having a BF special on PS3's, other than the 40GB model. So I bought an 80G model yesterday instead of waiting.

pixelthis
11-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Must be getting old. The only deal I liked was BestBuy's $1299 Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD. Which I can't even afford. Saves me a trip into town I guess.

great but I'd rather have the Oelivia 42" I saw in one of the sale papers for 769$.
Lowest I've seen for a 42:1:

pixelthis
11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
HEY!
BIG LOTS has socks for three bucks a pack, and "assorted" DVD movies for two bucks
each.
I'm there, dude:ihih:

topspeed
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
OK, I'll ask it:

WTF is "Black Friday?"

Stock market crash?
USC lost to Notre Dame?
Sir T finally went off and shot Lexie?*

* Later proved to be only a dream in a shower. I think Wooch and Kex were there too, but it fell under the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

Groundbeef
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
OK, I'll ask it:

WTF is "Black Friday?"

Stock market crash?
USC lost to Notre Dame?

* Later proved to be only a dream in a shower. I think Wooch and Kex were there too, but it fell under the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

Black friday is the term given to the shopping day AFTER Thanksgiving. Traditionally it is the 1st day that most retailers in the US show a profit for the year. Hence the "black", as in "We are now in the Black!" and out of the Red (Loss).

Most retaliers do a bulk of their business in the short time between Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm off, but thats always been my interpretation of the day.

BTW if you don't have anything to do that Friday, I suggest you go people watching. Its a hoot, but I wouldn't go into any stores. They'll kill ya!

GMichael
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
OK, I'll ask it:

WTF is "Black Friday?"

Stock market crash?
USC lost to Notre Dame?

Have you been living under a rock? BF is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Retailers have their best deals of the year on this day. The stores will be swamped with shoppers. I went to CC a few years back on BF. Got there at 5 AM. There was no place to park. Had to park at a nearby bank and walk over. The line was around the whole building to get in. I could see a wall of TV's stacked up to the ceiling as I stood in line to get in. Once I was inside, the TV's were gone. Just one left with two old women ready to go to blows over who saw it first. I picked up a 32" CRT TV for $200 that day.

GMichael
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Black friday is the term given to the shopping day AFTER Thanksgiving. Traditionally it is the 1st day that most retailers in the US show a profit for the year. Hence the "black", as in "We are now in the Black!" and out of the Red (Loss).

Most retaliers do a bulk of their business in the short time between Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm off, but thats always been my interpretation of the day.

BTW if you don't have anything to do that Friday, I suggest you go people watching. Its a hoot, but I wouldn't go into any stores. They'll kill ya!

I second this. It was a blast. But I won't do it again. Here is what that website has to say on the subject.

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when major retailers around the country discount products to help kick off the Christmas shopping season. This Black Friday ads are usually kept secret until you receive the circulars in your Thanksgiving Day newspaper. However at Black-Friday.net, we give you the advantage by showing you all of the Black Friday 2007 ads before anyone else. We also offer direct links to each product so you can purchase the items online on Black Friday without having to stand in line at the store!

L.J.
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
People Watching?

topspeed
11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Ahhh, I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Here's the thing, I rarely shop. Asking me to go to the store the day after Thanksgiving is like asking me if I want a colonoscopy. Things like Christmas shopping is pure Seek and Destroy for me. I know what I want and I know where to get it. Go in, pick up, leave...usually bookended by drinking.

Groundbeef
11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
People Watching?

Yep, you havn't lived until you see 2 middle age, slightly overweight, and out of shape ladies duke it out over the LAST Tickle-Me-Elmo in Toys R Us.

Ali and Frazier ain't got nothin' on ladies with an agenda for shopping!

Rock&Roll Ninja
11-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I thought it was "black" friday to help create the atmosphere of doom associated with going to stores.

Last year at least one person got trampled to death during a friday rush. But I haven't heard about the "must have" Christmas toy of 2007. Maybe there isn't one this year.

GMichael
11-13-2007, 06:16 AM
I thought it was "black" friday to help create the atmosphere of doom associated with going to stores.

Last year at least one person got trampled to death during a friday rush. But I haven't heard about the "must have" Christmas toy of 2007. Maybe there isn't one this year.

It's the Wii, cell phones, IPODS, and Iphones.

Groundbeef
11-13-2007, 06:34 AM
It's the Wii, cell phones, IPODS, and Iphones.

And don't forget the #1 gift request by parents this year "LEAD TESTING KITS"...

kexodusc
11-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Here's the thing, I rarely shop. Asking me to go to the store the day after Thanksgiving is like asking me if I want a colonoscopy. Things like Christmas shopping is pure Seek and Destroy for me. I know what I want and I know where to get it. Go in, pick up, leave...usually bookended by drinking.
Same here. I loathe shopping and malls, and certainly despise the "shopping mall". This is a source of constant grief between the wife and I...she doesn't appreciate my...err...efficiency during the holiday season. I don't go into a mall without a plan, and usually the Mission Impossible theme is playing.

I can't imagine how people can walk at a snails pace in front of you, cut you off, bump into you, stand in the middle of an aisle and not let you by. And if you were to hip check one into the toy rack they file charges against you.

The deal had better be pretty darn good good to compensate me for walking through that minefield.
Hey Speedy...get yer Christmas shoppin' done yet? Race ya...

GMichael
11-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Same here. I loathe shopping and malls, and certainly despise the "shopping mall". This is a source of constant grief between the wife and I...she doesn't appreciate my...err...efficiency during the holiday season. I don't go into a mall without a plan, and usually the Mission Impossible theme is playing.

I can't imagine how people can walk at a snails pace in front of you, cut you off, bump into you, stand in the middle of an aisle and not let you by. And if you were to hip check one into the toy rack they file charges against you.

The deal had better be pretty darn good good to compensate me for walking through that minefield.

I agree. It drives me nuts when I stop to let someone pass, just so they can stop in front of me and look around like they're lost. GET THE H.LL OUT OF MY WAY! The slow walkers that seem to be in groups of 5 or 6 blocking the isles. Don't worry. You'll see none of this on BF.
People are like vultures this day. They sweep in and attack a store like a swarm of locus. Old ladies fighting, kids screaming, CD's and DVD's all over the floor, people running, workers trying to get control, the security going off non-stop because they don't have enough people to stop lifters at the door. Oh, it's quit the sight. Everyone should see it once. Just don't get in anyone's way. You'll get trampled and no one will help you up. Old women will step on your back with their heels to get to the next sale. The deals are very good though. This is the first year that I know of an on-line BF like this though. Get the deals without the hassle. It's worth a look.

bobsticks
11-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Ahhh, I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Amen. Post of the Year.

I would and will gladly pay more money for the priveledge of avoiding the onslaught of the Cro-Magnon, mouth-breathing, flatulence machines that comprise the majority of Black Friday shoppers. Isn't there anywhere in North America where it's just called cross checking and not assault and battery...meh.

I had lunch yesterday with a field rep who works with some pretty "major retail concerns" and she confirmed a few things that I suspected. Evidently, the last couple years really haven't been profitable for retailers given that same-day sales are reported to the media but payroll expenditures are months-end and inventory billing is spread out over months.

In short, given consumers trending toward hopping around from retailer to retailer and only purchasing mega deals and the amount of expense that the companies incur in actual costs, word around the watercoller is that some folks wouldn't mind a dampening of this tradition. Notice the $98.00 HD DVD player came out well before BF and you don't see any insane $49.00 HD players? Retailers are sticking pretty close to costs I guess. Maybe Brad, Paul,Lee, and Richard J. shot a round of golf and admitted that the yearly nationwide johnson length contest isn't doing anyone any good.

topspeed
11-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Mine's pretty easy: The wifey usually gets something in a little blue/green box and the boys want GB DualScreens.

Tag. You're it.

I would and will gladly pay more money for the priveledge of avoiding the onslaught of the Cro-Magnon, mouth-breathing, flatulence machines that comprise the majority of Black Friday shoppers.Exactamundo. Time is money I'll gladly fork over the xtra few dollars I'd have saved by braving the insanity of BF. It's simply not worth the effort.

My wife has it tough this year. Last year she bought me a ticket to a racing school and honestly, that's going to be damn near impossible to top unless it's something you put a key in and start.

bobsticks
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
...Last year she bought me a ticket to a racing school and honestly, that's going to be damn near impossible to top unless it's something you put a key in and start.

Think what you could build around this: http://www.enginefactory.com/572750hp.htm

kexodusc
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Mine's pretty easy: The wifey usually gets something in a little blue/green box and the boys want GB DualScreens.

Tag. You're it.

Hmmmffff...that's...uhh, pretty good. Damn. I've got a 8 people to look after...ugh.:frown2:

GMichael
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
My wife wants cash. I get her a couple of small nick-nacks so she has something to open, but the cash is what she wants.
I pick out what I want and buy it myself.
She pickes out everything else.

The BR talk is because she wants to see it.
And I was hoping for a deal on the PS3 60GB.

topspeed
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Think what you could build around this: http://www.enginefactory.com/572750hp.htm
OOOOHHHHH!!! I wonder if you could squeeze that beast into a Superformance Brock coupe? 'Course, dropping a Chevy in that car might be considered blasphemy in some circles...

The BR talk is because she wants to see it. OK, I'm reading this as BedRoom talk...and I don't want to know what she wants to see!

GMichael
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
OK, I'm reading this as BedRoom talk...and I don't want to know what she wants to see!

Perv...:ihih: