Pagan 3-LB [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pagan 3-LB

ForeverAutumn
11-06-2007, 08:58 AM
In another thread we were discussing Enchant and Ritual, but I can't recall which thread to revive it.

You recommended Enchant's Tug of War to me. I'm just wondering whether you know how it compares to Wounded. I've spun the disk that I have a couple of times and it just isn't doing anything for me. Before I look for Tug of War, I'd like to know whether its just more of the same.

I am totally digging the Ritual disk however. Its an interesting blend of prog metal and folk with some very nice harmonies. I am definately going to be looking for more by this band.

3-LockBox
11-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm surprised you liked Ritual.

I find too much of Enchant canon a tad moribund and heavy-handed, but Tug Of War was where the writing equals the playing. Its just a good old fashioned rocker. I now only own Enchant's Tug Of War. I find it to be a very tuneful and hook layden where the other albums just drag. I would compare it to an early '80s Kansas.

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm surprised you liked Ritual.

I find too much of Enchant canon a tad moribund and heavy-handed, but Tug Of War was where the writing equals the playing. Its just a good old fashioned rocker. I now only own Enchant's Tug Of War. I find it to be a very tuneful and hook layden where the other albums just drag. I would compare it to an early '80s Kansas.

Thanks. Based on your explanation, Tug of War sounds a little more to my liking. I'll see if I can find a copy.

Why are you surprised that I like Ritual?

3-LockBox
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Why are you surprised that I like Ritual?

Its kinda quaint. I thought I remembered you didn't care for the Flower Kings (I could be wrong) and Ritual is folkier than they are. However, if you like Ritual, you may like Kaipa (same lead singer, similar sound, though not as folky).

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Its kinda quaint. I thought I remembered you didn't care for the Flower Kings (I could be wrong) and Ritual is folkier than they are. However, if you like Ritual, you may like Kaipa (same lead singer, similar sound, though not as folky).

I haven't really heard enough of the Flower Kings to form an opinion. Kinda suprising since my brother is such a huge fan. But I like folky. And I absolutely love a good vocal harmony!

3-LockBox
11-09-2007, 10:00 AM
If you like the first Ritual album, then get their latest one, Hemulic Voluntary Band.