telefunken tlx [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : telefunken tlx

bonneville92
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
hi there everyone, i am new here, have a few questions for the guru's, i just got a pair of telefunken tlx 11 professionals given to me by my brother in law, i at the moment don't have a stereo system to hook these up to, my question is what is the quality of these speakers and what should i hook them up to. i don't know much about hi end audio. thanks for any guidence.

SAEA501
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Man, there's a name I haven't heard in a long while. Especially associated with speakers. I remember Telefunken vacuum tubes, table radios and microphones. Seems their speakers were popular in Europe in the 50s and early 60s. Do you know if these work to any degree, that is, was your brother in law using them? If you don't have any idea as to their working condition, just take AA battery and connect it intermittently to the terminals, just brief taps, and listen to the drivers to make sure each is working. If so, you can connect them to a smaller receiver and bring the volume up slowly, see what they sound like. I believe they are pretty old, well, maybe very old, so you may be in for some disappointment.

Good luck.