Anyone else see Wilco on ACL last night? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see Wilco on ACL last night?

Slosh
11-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Another great performance and this time they got the full hour. Those Sky Blue Sky songs really are a whole bunch better live. I wish ACL would put their newer hi-def shows out on DVD, or better yet BluRay or HD-DVD (that would be enough for me to get a player, especially now that I have a receiver that can decode lossless DTS and DD).

NP:

Ex Lion Tamer
11-04-2007, 08:29 AM
No - though I was home watching TV and ready to watch it, BUUUUTTTT NOOOO!

Why oh why does WGN Boston NOT CARRY ACL? The other cable carriers in Montreal get Vermont PBS stations which carry ACL but not WGN, which I think is like a flagship PBS station. It's enough to make me change cable/satelite carriers.

Next week (or the week after) it's The Arcade Fire that I'm gioing to miss, and I already missed The Decemberists/Explosions in the Sky. Argh!!!!!

NP:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f596/f59612adamv.jpg

Davey
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Anyone else see Wilco on ACL last night?

No, I'm still an analog guy. Wonder if they'll put it out later on regular broadcast cable? Anyway, I was watching the Amazing Journey Who movie. Fun stuff, really enjoyed the first half on the early years. Woulda liked a LOT more live performances instead of just the quick teases, but still some very interesting comments along the way from Roger and Pete and others (except for the mostly pointless talking heads like Sting and Vedder and Gallagher).

NP: three new ones from the upcoming Wayne Robbins & the Hellsayers All You Need to Sleep

PS: that's a great record you are/were playing, Mark!

Slosh
11-04-2007, 09:17 AM
NP: three new ones from the upcoming Wayne Robbins & the Hellsayers All You Need to Sleep

Awesome! I didn't even know these were up. Hellsayers streaming linky (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=13785496)

NP: (recently I got my daughter into X and now I can't stop listening to these first two albums :) )

bobsticks
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I grabbed the David Byrne ACL dvd a few days ago and finally got around to watching it tonight. Rock solid as one would expect, and while it would be nice to have everything ramped up with the HD treatment it was more than servicable. The sound was smooth enough with sufficient bass for a DD soundtrack and DB had some interesting, old school song choices.

Swish
11-05-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm sure they're do a repeat of the show, and I'll be all over it.

Swish

Davey
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
NP: (recently I got my daughter into X and now I can't stop listening to these first two albums :) )

Yea, those were some great records and a great time in pop music. I have all the LPs from when they first came out, but did pick up Wild Gift on the last CD remaster a few years ago with all the bonus tracks. A little on the crispy side if I recall, like most remasters these days, but not too bad.

Not so sure about those Hellsayers songs yet. A bit indistinctive on first listen, but kinda like that first one. They say the Sleep one will probably be the closer. Be good to hear them mastered since they'll probably get more life flowing through them.