JVC-X44 and Pioneer TX-5502 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JVC-X44 and Pioneer TX-5502

thekid
11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I am probably going to pick up the Yamaha RX-1100 tomorrow but in talking with my brother he mentioned he still has some of our Dad's older gear that her brought from overseas 30 years ago. I sirfed for info on the JVC and the Pioneer but have come up empty. Is it worth the trip up north to pick up these units?

Feanor
11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I am probably going to pick up the Yamaha RX-1100 tomorrow but in talking with my brother he mentioned he still has some of our Dad's older gear that her brought from overseas 30 years ago. I sirfed for info on the JVC and the Pioneer but have come up empty. Is it worth the trip up north to pick up these units?

It's a bit hard to find info on JVC; their stuff was fairly popular but didn't joy the audiophile rep of some other brands. The Pioneer is a tuner from the "classic" era, but wasn't a higher-end model.

Assuming it looks and works well, I'd say go with the Yamaha.

thekid
11-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Feanor!
I will let you know about the Yamaha. The thrift shop was pretty crowded the other day and I did not want to draw attention by pulling it out and testing it while others were around. The Yamaha was on the top shelf and being 6'5" I was able to spot it underneath a few other units.