speaker placement [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker placement

speakerz
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
From my previous thread you guys know about the montgomery ward 3 way speakers i have well the other day i found out that i hear way more deep bass when i stand up or stand on something high anyone know why this is anyway the other question i have is can i build shelves on my wall and put them up higher would that make any difference.:)

Mr Peabody
11-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't think I'd place a 3-way on the wall but you might look into some speaker stands. I'm trying to figure out why you'd hear more bass standing up. There must be something in the room configuration that is causing a bass dip or cancellation at your listening position. You might try playing with the positioning of the speakers, moving away from the wall, closer to the wall, toeing them in, etc.

speakerz
11-03-2007, 07:09 AM
I don't think I'd place a 3-way on the wall but you might look into some speaker stands. I'm trying to figure out why you'd hear more bass standing up. There must be something in the room configuration that is causing a bass dip or cancellation at your listening position. You might try playing with the positioning of the speakers, moving away from the wall, closer to the wall, toeing them in, etc.
i thinks its because of this room being very small not enough room to push the sound