Surgically enhanced for listening pleasure. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Surgically enhanced for listening pleasure.

BradH
11-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey kids, forget about green markers, wooden volume knobs and rubbing your microchips with audio paste. According to a plastic surgeon named Dr. Lajos Nagy, a set of Spock ears can enhance the music listening experience.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/body-mods/spock+ear-plastic-surgery-mod-is-not-logical-317660.php

PeruvianSkies
11-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey kids, forget about green markers, wooden volume knobs and rubbing your microchips with audio paste. According to a plastic surgeon named Dr. Lajos Nagy, a set of Spock ears can enhance the music listening experience.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/body-mods/spock+ear-plastic-surgery-mod-is-not-logical-317660.php

Wow, that's hot.

Actually when I was a kid I used to have a pair of fake Spock ears that were made out of that really nasty smelling rubber that reminds me of Halloween masks and when you fit them over your normal ears you actually could hear a lot better, it was just like Bat hearing, only without the whole sonar thing.

jim goulding
11-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I had my ears irrigated first week of last month. That sound insane? Wax build up can reduce the audibility of high frequency information big time. This is the second time I've had this done. You might consult with your doctor. In my case, I was missing a lot of HF information. All I had to pay was the co-pay. You can cup your hands behind your ears and get the Spock ears effect I would think. I don't hear any improvement in quality doing this.

Rock&Roll Ninja
11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
"pointy eared audiophile" doesn't have the same ring as "golden eared audiophile"

audio amateur
11-11-2007, 08:52 AM
hahahaha funny stuff:D

Swish
11-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I had my ears irrigated first week of last month. That sound insane? Wax build up can reduce the audibility of high frequency information big time. This is the second time I've had this done. You might consult with your doctor. In my case, I was missing a lot of HF information. All I had to pay was the co-pay. You can cup your hands behind your ears and get the Spock ears effect I would think. I don't hear any improvement in quality doing this.

I knew a guy who smoked for years and had that done. I think the second-hand smoke that was always billowing around him causes a lot of ear problems, and he said he couldn't believe how well he could hear after have them irrigated.

Gee, my wife is always commenting that I don't ever hear what she's saying, now I wonder is it's 'male pattern deafness' or maybe I need the irrigation.

Swish

bobsticks
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
You may be a "Trekkie" if the before and after pictures make her go from plain-jane, girl-nextdoor to ultra hottie...

Troy
11-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Male pattern deafness- Sure to enter daily use for me.