Good news for X-Filers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good news for X-Filers

ForeverAutumn
11-01-2007, 09:31 AM
"X-Files" stars, crew reunite for secretive sequel

By Leslie Simmons

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fans of "The X-Files" no longer have to rely on Internet rumors to seek the truth about a sequel to the 1998 movie based on the popular TV series

On Wednesday, Fox announced production will start December 10 on the sequel, which reunites the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.

Series creator Chris Carter will direct the still-untitled film. Carter also co-wrote the screenplay with "X-Files" veteran Frank Spotnitz. The duo also are producing. Shooting will take place in Vancouver.

The studio is staying little about the film's story line. All that is being revealed is that it is a "supernatural thriller" and that the movie will take the complicated relationship between FBI agents Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions as Mulder continues on his quest for the truth and Scully remains inextricably tied to her partner's pursuits.

The July 25 release date would put "X-Files" up against "Step Brothers," a comedy starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, and an untitled comedy starring Ice Cube.

Fox's "X-Files" ran for nine seasons, ending in 2002. The first feature film, produced by Carter and co-written with Spotnitz, grossed $187 million worldwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Groundbeef
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
"X-Files" stars, crew reunite for secretive sequel

By Leslie Simmons

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fans of "The X-Files" no longer have to rely on Internet rumors to seek the truth about a sequel to the 1998 movie based on the popular TV series

On Wednesday, Fox announced production will start December 10 on the sequel, which reunites the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.

Series creator Chris Carter will direct the still-untitled film. Carter also co-wrote the screenplay with "X-Files" veteran Frank Spotnitz. The duo also are producing. Shooting will take place in Vancouver.

The studio is staying little about the film's story line. All that is being revealed is that it is a "supernatural thriller" and that the movie will take the complicated relationship between FBI agents Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions as Mulder continues on his quest for the truth and Scully remains inextricably tied to her partner's pursuits.

The July 25 release date would put "X-Files" up against "Step Brothers," a comedy starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, and an untitled comedy starring Ice Cube.

Fox's "X-Files" ran for nine seasons, ending in 2002. The first feature film, produced by Carter and co-written with Spotnitz, grossed $187 million worldwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

I was never a huge X-Files fan, but did see the feature film. It was "OK" by my humble standards. I would probably see it, but not in the theater.

It just didn't hit me right when it was on. Strangly enough I really enjoy LOST, so it wouldn't be too far a streach to enjoy X-Files I guess.

Worf101
11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm happy they're coming back. There's still mountains of unanswered questions out there. You're quite right GB, before there was LOST there was TXFs... You couldn't have one without the other..

Da Worfster

kexodusc
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow - production starts in December, and the movie is being released in July?
That's some kinda quick turnover...
About freakin' time these guys came back.

Groundbeef
11-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Wow - production starts in December, and the movie is being released in July?
That's some kinda quick turnover...
About freakin' time these guys came back.

What, its no big deal for the aliens to build the Pyramids, but you doubt they can help write, film, edit, and release a film in 7 months? Get outta here!