Cerwin Vega sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cerwin Vega sub

rb2400
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a Cerwin Vega SUB-150. It is about 6 or 7 years old I guess. Could any one out there tell me how to use the RCA jacks on the back for Left and right speakers in and out. I have tried connecting them to speakers but no sound. I also have Line in which has 2 outlets but I have to "Y" it down to 1 so it will plug in my receiver. My receiver is new and is more than capable of handling the sub. Also the switches such as Phase 0 or 180 ? Also the crossover frequency dial is that just a personal preference adjustment or should it be set on something. I have had several surgeries over the last 4 years and I have lost my owners manual and I am lost. Someone please help !!!!

basite
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I prefer using the rca jacks (the line in's) I presume you are using a surround receiver? If so, connect the subwoofer out on the receiver to a line in RCA jack on the sub. Phase depends on placement, I had better results with the 180 setting, but if you are using this in a surround setup, I usually prefer the 0° setting.

if you have a surround receiver, the crossover frequency is usually pre-defined, so no need to worry abou the crossover freq on the sub.

Keep them spinning,
Bert.