Bass Management: Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bass Management: Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro

noddin0ff
10-28-2007, 06:29 AM
I know this is the wrong forum but I don't know if anyone visits the marketplace.

Anyone need to EQ their sub? Read on. I'd like to sell my Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro/Parametric EQ DSP1124P to a worthy system. I'm simplifying mine. The BFD makes a nice parametric EQ for your sub. I'm sure it does more but that's what I used it for.

I've got one in perfect condition. Full instruction manuals and I'll include a 10ft Dayton sub cable, and 2 1/4"-to-RCA adapters (for input and output).

This is the BFD (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=248-656) / This is the cable (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=181-642)
(Maybe mine is 12', but you get the picture. Why quibble over two feet. It's a good cable)

There are set up guides on the web (http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/bfdguide/)

And discussions in this forum
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=18027

I'm thinking $60 for all plus you pay shipping from central MA. PM me if interested.

GMichael
10-29-2007, 07:52 AM
This is a great deal. I'd jump on it if I didn't already have plans to spend all my money.

LJ? You made a promise to Wooch right? Can you pass this up?

L.J.
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
GM, you know me too well. If all is good, I should have it in about a week or so :)

GMichael
10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
GM, you know me too well. If all is good, I should have it in about a week or so :)

I'm green with NV for the second time in two posts.

I'll be beating myself up over this one for a few nights. But I want that PS3 more than I need this EQ.

Glad someone worthy is picking it up at such a great deal.
Congrats.

noddin0ff
10-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry I don't have 2 GM!

GMichael
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
No problem. There is one with my name on it out there someplace. It's on my list right after the PS3. Maybe January.

noddin0ff
10-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm sure everyone would like to hear the report when you get it up an running, L.J.

Happy Tinkering!

L.J.
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm sure everyone would like to here the report when you get it up an running, L.J.

Happy Tinkering!

:thumbsup:

Woochifer
10-30-2007, 01:12 PM
:thumbsup:

I feel like a proud parent at graduation ... oh man, I think I'm tearin' up! :18:

L.J.
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I feel like a proud parent at graduation ... oh man, I think I'm tearin' up! :18:

I had a nasty peak I was able to cut down using my sub's eq and that made a huge difference. Should be interesting to see what difference I can get once I get those last few peaks cut down :)

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=185975&postcount=55

kexodusc
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Holy score, batman...

LJ you're finally stepping up to the big leagues.

Start reading the BFD guide and familiarize yourself with it...you're in for a good week of tinkering, trial and error..

Nice pickup - better be nice to nodinoff - he let it go for a sweet price!

noddin0ff
11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Man, the wait must be driving you nuts!

L.J.
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Man, the wait must be driving you nuts!

Should be here tomorrow. I don't plan on hooking it up til I have some time off at the end of the month though.

Besides, I have that HD-A2 player I just picked up to keep me going for a few more weeks. I finally got my wife into watching Heroes so now I gotta get season one on HD-DVD.

GMichael
11-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Should be here tomorrow. I don't plan on hooking it up til I have some time off at the end of the month though.

Besides, I have that HD-A2 player I just picked up to keep me going for a few more weeks. I finally got my wife into watching Heroes so now I gotta get season one on HD-DVD.

It just never seems to end.....

kexodusc
11-06-2007, 07:57 AM
First:
My apologies to anyone I offended with my last post - it seems the content was both unbecoming of an ar.com-er and borderline offensive. I didn't mean to so belligerently share in LJ's excitement with his new purchase - to the masked chickleter - I apologies, please don't neg me anymore.

Second -
LJ - don't forget to download the excel file and map out your in-room responses before and after.
I'd also recommend toying with the "house curve" idea later on as you get more familiar with the controls. I have a slight rise programmed in starting at just below 27 Hz just to give that added window-shaking, earthquake effect at the really low frequencies.

GMichael
11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I look forward to when I get one of these as well. Right now I am controlling my room with a variety of ways.

There was a major peak at 80 htz. So I set the x-overs on the Mini's powered base to 65 htz. Not gone, but within 3 db now.
There was another peak at 60 htz. So I set the x-overs on the Yammie to 40 htz. (had to boast the Mini's 3 db to make up for the loss)
There was another peak at 40 htz. So the PEQ on the Titanic cuts that back very well.
I have a drop off at 20-25 htz. I have to live with this. I'm out of knobs to twist.

L.J.
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey Nod, I got the package this morning. I must say, you did one heck of a packaging job. Thanks for being careful with it.

Anyways, this thing is huge. I thought it would be alot smaller. Thanks again!!!

kexodusc
11-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Nod, I got the package this morning. I must say, you did one heck of a packaging job. Thanks for being careful with it.

Anyways, this thing is huge. I thought it would be alot smaller. Thanks again!!!
The BFD is easily the ugliest piece of gear your rack will ever see. And when someone asks what it is and what it does, just look at the expressions on their face...it's hilarious.
I kinda like it - looks futuristic in a Star Trek sorta way....

Gotta warn ya - make sure your sub is OFF before turning the BFD on. The initial voltage surge can knock pictures of the wall. Some people just leave it on all the time.

GMichael
11-06-2007, 10:09 AM

I bet you hear that from all the girls.

L.J.
11-06-2007, 10:13 AM
The BFD is easily the ugliest piece of gear your rack will ever see. And when someone asks what it is and what it does, just look at the expressions on their face...it's hilarious.
I kinda like it - looks futuristic in a Star Trek sorta way....

Gotta warn ya - make sure your sub is OFF before turning the BFD on. The initial voltage surge can knock pictures of the wall. Some people just leave it on all the time.

I will leave mine on all the time. Gotta keep things simple for the wife. Once I start tellin' her she gotta turn this off and that on, I'm gonna get the eyebrow raise. She's loving the Harmony and can get things on without my help now. GM, don't even think about it.

Does this thing get warm at all? I plan on mounting it inside a cabinet.

kexodusc
11-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Mine is pretty cool all the time - there's no amplifier in it (well maybe a small voltage amp) so it shouldn't generate too much heat at all.
It may be Behringer, but I would trust it to be a bit more heat tolerant than a lot of hi-fi gear. I'm sure it'll be fine in the cabinet...leave a few inches clearance of course. I have a DVD player sitting on top of mine, one shelf above my receiver. I don't leave it on all the time, but I probably should.

E-Stat
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I will leave mine on all the time. Gotta keep things simple for the wife.
Ditto for a Behringer 3102 EQ for the subs. Sounds quite boomy when off.

While I have a different unit, I was surprised how warm it gets.

rw

jrhymeammo
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to noddin0ff again.

that's funny, cuz I dont recall giving you one. Mustta been that Tom Waits thread.

Sir L.J.

We would love to hear about your refined frequncy sweep. I think all subs from year 2010 costing more than $500 should have integrated EQ. Of course I dont know how that would sound, but it just makes perfect sense. Damn that 60Hz decibel!!!

noddin0ff
11-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Glad it arrived safe L.J.

I was pretty pleased with the packing myself. :-)

I had it buried in a closed cabinet under piles of DVDs and empty DVD boxes. The piles were just carelessness; the closed cabinet was for aesthetics. Those green lights are kinda bright and ugly. No heat. It was on 24/7.

It's the thought that counts jrhymeammo, tnx!