Anyone know where to buy Mary Fahl- From The Dark Side of The Moon? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to buy Mary Fahl- From The Dark Side of The Moon?

Hyfi
10-27-2007, 08:21 AM
All I seem to find are MP3 downloads and one disk on eBay. Does anyone know where I can order this from? Mary Fahl- From The Dark Side of The Moon

Thanks.

Hyfi
11-19-2007, 08:21 AM
All I seem to find are MP3 downloads and one disk on eBay. Does anyone know where I can order this from? Mary Fahl- From The Dark Side of The Moon

Thanks.

For anyone that was interested in this project, good luck. It appears that the record company that produced this disk folded just before it was released. There are a few scarce copies of the Promo Package floating around on eBay and now over $70 per disk.

Oh well. It sure did sound interesting from the samples I heard.

3-LockBox
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I'd never heard of her until sifting through the credits of the Gods & Generals DVD (Civil War epic). I found a CD of hers (Other Side Of Time) at the library, checked it out and I found her CD a tad boring. In the context of the Gods & Generals soundtrack, her stuff was very haunting, but as far as her CD goes, she didn't hold me for an entire album; an album which reminded me of a movie soundtrack sampler. The song from Gods & Generals is on the CD, and one other movie song I think, which are good, and maybe one or two other songs which might have made the adult contemporary scene back in the day. This solo effort flirts with different music styles; never authentically, but in a Windham Hill sort of way.

She's gotta powerful voice though, and ecclectic style and music tastes (think Joan Baez meets Celine Deon). I'd be interested in hearing what she'd do with the DSotM material, but I don't know if I'd pay $18 for it, let alone $70-$80. It may come off like Joan Baez's version of Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - competant, but dispensible.

Hyfi
11-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I'd never heard of her until sifting through the credits of the Gods & Generals DVD (Civil War epic). I found a CD of hers (Other Side Of Time) at the library, checked it out and I found her CD a tad boring. In the context of the Gods & Generals soundtrack, her stuff was very haunting, but as far as her CD goes, she didn't hold me for an entire album; an album which reminded me of a movie soundtrack sampler. The song from Gods & Generals is on the CD, and one other movie song I think, which are good, and maybe one or two other songs which might have made the adult contemporary scene back in the day. This solo effort flirts with different music styles; never authentically, but in a Windham Hill sort of way.

She's gotta powerful voice though, and ecclectic style and music tastes (think Joan Baez meets Celine Deon). I'd be interested in hearing what she'd do with the DSotM material, but I don't know if I'd pay $18 for it, let alone $70-$80. It may come off like Joan Baez's version of Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - competant, but dispensible.

She is better known for her work with October Project which is much better than her solo releases. I did hear some samples way back when Demetrio first posted about the DSOTM disk. I found it interesting but then again I just like her voice.