Hey jrhymeammo... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey jrhymeammo...

bobsticks
10-27-2007, 08:15 AM
...watsup with me reading that you're considering getting rid of the Maggies? That love affair was short. Methinks your love of alt hip-hop placed against the finicky requirements of the Magnepans has made a match somewhere south of Heaven. Do tell and what's next?

jrhymeammo
10-27-2007, 09:07 AM
AS we all know, Listeners dont chose the speakers. Speakers chose the listeners...:cornut:

I'm sure my HCA-2 is a great amp, but it just doesnt match well with my 1.6QR.

Here is what I'm thinking:

A)
Keep my 1.6QR w./

1) A pair of tube monoblocks.
Such as:

AES: Six Packs
Rogue M150
or a Cary V12i then get another when I can.

2) A pair of tube/SS hybrid monoblocks such as Monarchy Audio SE160.

Or

B) Just say F*'it and get a pair of Silverline Audio Sonata III with a pair of some 300B or El-84 based monoblocks.

Have I mentioned that I like tubes and analog? I like my music distorted even when I got my system turned down. Impurity is what I crave!!!

But with all said, I'm sticking to my current setup this year.

How about you?

JRA

bobsticks
10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Who knows, but I have the feeling 2008 will bring some changes.

jrhymeammo
10-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I'll defeintely miss 1.6QR and its huge soundstage. But will see how things go. I'm just kinda kid who gets a new toy and sbsolutely love it while thinking about what's gonna be replaced next. Not a big deal.

Peace,

basite
10-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Now that would be a fast change of speakers :)

how about this:

Pick one:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/srch_fs.pl?Mcintosh

tempting, aren't they :ihih:

hey, do I see a pair of MC275's there??? :ihih:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

jrhymeammo
10-27-2007, 10:58 AM
are you offering me a membership to the group you and Sir Bobs is in? But I would be more interested to see what Canary would sound like. I'm sure I'll get a Mac one day, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon. I do wish I was a lukcy 17 year old though.

Peace Out,

JRA