Left front channel not working--need help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Left front channel not working--need help

cesarpayan
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Hello. I just bought a Pioneer AV receiver and a couple of Boston A bookshelf speakers. The right front speaker sounds very crisp, really sharp sound, on the other hand, the left front speaker sounds terrible, very distorted, lots of crackling noises. I already swapped the speakers and I know both of them work fine. It sounds like it's the eft front channel output that is malfunctioning. Anything I should try to fix the problem? or should I just return the AV receiver and exchange it for another one?? Please help. Thanks in advance

basite
10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi, does the left channel eventually go out completely after a while?
have you checked wiring? maybe it's somekind of a dead short somewhere...

anyhow, I had this with a yamaha receiver a few years ago... turned out the lef amplifier stage was dead, it made those cracking noises, and some pops, then it went dead.
so if there's nothing wrong with the wiring or such, you should bring it in for service...

Good luck,
Bert.

flippo
10-27-2007, 01:46 AM
if u just bought it new return and get new one.

markw
10-27-2007, 04:45 AM
if u just bought it new return and get new one.It's their problem, not yours.

If you bought it used with the assurance that it worked, then it's between you and the seller. If you elect to get it fixed (and it's not likely you could do it yourself), then it may cost a pretty penny.

GMichael
10-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Ditto, but check those wires first. Sometimes small strands of the wires can reach out and touch the wrong leads from the back of the receiver. This will short it out on you. It wouldn't hurt to remove the left leads from your receiver and start over. Also check the cables from your source(s). Be sure they are tight.

pixelthis
10-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Ditto, but check those wires first. Sometimes small strands of the wires can reach out and touch the wrong leads from the back of the receiver. This will short it out on you. It wouldn't hurt to remove the left leads from your receiver and start over. Also check the cables from your source(s). Be sure they are tight.

I hate to agree but hes right.
I had a yammy and a strand got loose from the positive side of one of my speaker wires,
very hard to see, but it touched ground and my receiver kept going off.
Banana plugs cured that, but yours sounds like a connection problem, the binding post could be loose also:1:

pixelthis
10-28-2007, 11:51 PM
And hooking up your speakers while drunk is a bad idea also.
Especially while drunk and butt naked.
Not that I would know....:(

GMichael
10-29-2007, 05:21 AM
And hooking up your speakers while drunk is a bad idea also.
Especially while drunk and butt naked.
Not that I would know....:(

Try to play nice with the newbies please.