CLEAR!

BFFFFF!

Just trying to revive this place.

audio amateur
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
wow that was random haha

JohnMichael
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for using the defib. Now let us see if we get a pulse. Oh and by the way you shout clear before giving the shock. Anyone in contact with the patient would share a little voltage. LOL

GMichael
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted marketing clearance for the over-the-counter sale of an automatic external defibrillator designed specifically for lay users. The device shocks the heart to restore rhythm in people who are experiencing cardiac arrest. With 70 - 80 percent of cardiac arrest occuring at home without warning. The device, the HeartStart Home Defibrillator manufactured by Philips Medical Systems.

JohnMichael
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted marketing clearance for the over-the-counter sale of an automatic external defibrillator designed specifically for lay users. The device shocks the heart to restore rhythm in people who are experiencing cardiac arrest. With 70 - 80 percent of cardiac arrest occuring at home without warning. The device, the HeartStart Home Defibrillator manufactured by Philips Medical Systems.

This important message is brought to you by GMichael, a man with a heart.

3-LockBox
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM

shocking...

:eek6:

GMichael
10-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Why is this thread in the RR section?! :incazzato:

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Because I am trying to revive the RR forum which is surely suffering a slow and painful demise.

bobsticks
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Because she's doing her P-Skies impersonation... :D

PeruvianSkies
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Because she's doing her P-Skies impersonation... :D

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

GMichael
10-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Because I am trying to revive the RR forum which is surely suffering a slow and painful demise.

From where I sit, it looks like the RR section is the only one still breathing. It's just a little sleepy. A little coffee and it will be all good. Now, the rest of this forum? :17:
I'd like to say a few words in remembrance of ..........:17:

Jim Clark
10-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah, wish I had time to post like in the good ol' days. Still buying way too much music, and have way too little time to listen.

I've been working on creating a vintage system. Just got the speakers last week. Need to order some new foam for the surrounds but I"m pretty stoked about the thing. I"ll post pics when I find the time. Off to Church now and no Chiefs game so this afternoon should be free to catch up on all kinds of things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

jc

bobsticks
10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

C'moin Dave, give me a break...one break comin' up...

Just playin' around.

bobsticks
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
From where I sit, it looks like the RR section is the only one still breathing. It's just a little sleepy. A little coffee and it will be all good. Now, the rest of this forum? :17:
I'd like to say a few words in remembrance of ..........:17:

Actually we've already seen a decent upsurge in first-time posters and will probably see more as we approach the holidays...now it's up to us to engage them in meaningful and entertaining conversation...or at least play nice...

...for those that care.

jim goulding
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
OK, Autumn. I'm not sure many will relate but these are what I listened to last night. The Waiting Game- Claire Martin (Linn CD); Pieces de Clavecin by Rameau- Albert Fuller (Reference Recordings CD). I put this last one on to check out the overtones based on something I was listening to the night before (Nikhil Banerjee- Afternoon Ragas, Live From Rotterdam) and listened all the way through and enjoyed it. Didn't use to do that. The overtones on the sitar from the Rotterdam disc positively shimmered in air. This is exquisite stuff for afficionados of this type music in addition to being a high art recording. Mark Levinson was involved with this if that tells you anything. Anybody heard any Sonia Dada? I bettin this can get an audience here. Sample A Day At The Beach and listen to the layout along with the music. You can thank me later.

Mike
10-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Yup it's a shame I often look in but never get around to posting anything, like watching an old friend drift away....

I keep thinking about making up an end of year comp but then something new comes out and things keep dropping off the list. Just got my hands on the latest Stars album which I'm playing a lot, it seems to get mixed reviews but I'm liking it.

And I keep wondering about that Dot Allison album Davey was twitching about the other week but haven't taken the plunge yet. Anybody else bought something in the last week or so they can rave about?

Cheers
Mike

Mike
10-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Anybody heard any Sonia Dada? I bettin this can get an audience here. Sample A Day At The Beach and listen to the layout along with the music. You can thank me later.

Yeah I like Sonia Dada got a couple of their albums tucked away somewhere, I think one is a live album with a great drum sound.

Cheers
Mike

jim goulding
10-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Mike from York! I'm wishin I had a pint of Fuller's Special Bitter right now. What's the scene where you live? I'm a big fan of PJHarvey. What's hip?

Finch Platte
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh and by the way you shout clear before giving the shock.

The first "Clear!" is in the heading. :cornut:

Swish
10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, wish I had time to post like in the good ol' days. Still buying way too much music, and have way too little time to listen.

I've been working on creating a vintage system. Just got the speakers last week. Need to order some new foam for the surrounds but I"m pretty stoked about the thing. I"ll post pics when I find the time. jc

Are you going to make us suffer until you have the entire thing assembled? I agree with you on the time factor. I work from home more than ever, but I am so busy that I rarely click on here during the day, and with racquetball, guitars, golf (in the warmer months) and a full social calendar, it doesn't leave much time for posting...or listening! I should be more active here in the winter.

Swish

Swish
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Yup it's a shame I often look in but never get around to posting anything, like watching an old friend drift away....

I keep thinking about making up an end of year comp but then something new comes out and things keep dropping off the list. Just got my hands on the latest Stars album which I'm playing a lot, it seems to get mixed reviews but I'm liking it.

And I keep wondering about that Dot Allison album Davey was twitching about the other week but haven't taken the plunge yet. Anybody else bought something in the last week or so they can rave about?

Mike

Challengers is another good one from this fun band, who can do no wrong in my book. Their 'leader' and head song-writer is Carl 'A.C' Newman, but they have a really talented lineup, including one of my favorite female artists, Neko Case. If your interested, the others in the band ar Dan Bejar of Destroyer and Swan Lake; Kathryn Calder of Immaculate Machine; John Collins of The Evaporators; Kurt Dahle of Limblifter and Age of Electric; Todd Fancey, solo artist (as Fancey) and Limblifter; Carl Newman, solo artist also of Superconductor and Zumpano; and Blaine Thurier, independent filmmaker.

Solid songs and great male/female harmonies permeate their records. No, nothing earth-shattering as far as I'm concerned, but not a bad tune among the dozen on this release nor on the previous records. Good stuff.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Challengers is another good one from this fun band, who can do no wrong in my book.

Swish

I've been enjoying that one too. Although not as much as their last release, Twin Cinema. Although TC was my first exposure to this band and I often find that the first CD to draw me into a band is the one that continues to stand out for me.

Swish, I have to thank you for introducing me to Of Montreal. I picked up Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies: A Variety of Whimsical Verse. While I found the first listen through to be highly unusual and not what I was expecting from your introduction, it has grown on me and I love it! It is, indeed, whimsical verse.

-Jar-
10-30-2007, 07:29 AM
I've been working on creating a vintage system. Just got the speakers last week. Need to order some new foam for the surrounds but I"m pretty stoked about the thing. I"ll post pics when I find the time. Off to Church now and no Chiefs game so this afternoon should be free to catch up on all kinds of things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

jc

That's a neat idea.. I remember my aunt had a nice little stereo setup back in the early 80's.. I loved how it sounded. Had a turntable with the strobe light and the pattern on the side of the table so you could make sure your speed was right.. A receiver with a big-ass volume knob and an analog dial that turned so sweetly, the tuner was lit-up nicely, I think it had VU meters.. I don't remember the speakers except that they had a lot of bass. It's one of the things that really got me interested in the hobby in the first place.. It would be fun to put together something like that again. I don't know if it would sound better than what I have now, but it would probably be more fun to play with :-)

-jar

JohnMichael
10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
The first "Clear!" is in the heading. :cornut:

I must have only read between the lines.:nonod:

Mike
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Mike from York! I'm wishin I had a pint of Fuller's Special Bitter right now. What's the scene where you live? I'm a big fan of PJHarvey. What's hip?

What's hip, mmm I'm probably not the best person to ask, I'm usually the guy who latches onto sounds just after they've been hip. PJ Harvey is ok in my books that new album is getting some good reviews. If you like that solitary female vocal sound you might like Susanna and the Magical Orchestra and she has a very good solo album entitled Susanna - Sonata Mix Dwarf Cosmos

And I do like my beer, my local pub keeps a very nice pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord yer very welcome anytime you can drop by.

Cheers
Mike

jim goulding
10-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Mike- Thanks, mate, for the tips. I don't know that brew but I hope to. I do know, however, that Brits like their beer. Cheers.

Jar- I wish I had my original venture into serious reproduction of music in the home. At the heart of it was a big Yamaha reciever with a smooth acting volume control and tons of rocker switches and very cool back lighting of the radio dial. Might that turntabe your Aunt had been a Dual?