New Lost Thread? Season 3 News [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Lost Thread? Season 3 News

Groundbeef
10-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Well, the old thread was a little long in the tooth.

Since season 3 is going to be here soon, I thought I would try to start a new thread.

1. First, I know who is going to die pretty early in the season:

Jin should be slated to die rather quickly, if past events are any indicator.

Eckko, Anna-Luise, and Hurley's Girl, all died shortly after their "real" world interactions with the local Hawii's Finest.

Today it is being reported that "Jin" cant keep off the bottle, and drive at the same time. What is it with LOST and DUI?

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/621663,CST-FTR-lost26.article

So, does anyone else belive he will be killed off? I have no doubt. Popular people are killed all the time on Lost, so I doubt he will fare much better.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Groundbeef, you must be living in your own little time shifting world as you missed a whole season! We're at season 4. :hand:

This is very interesting news indeed. It makes me think that perhaps the show will end up having more religious ties (as has been discussed in the past) after all. Perhaps each of the cast members who have had brushes with the law were written of the show because the sins in their personal life can't be tolerated if the show itself is going to live up to Christian ideals. Just a random thought (which I hope is incorrect).

I find it hard to believe that killing off the characters who have had run-ins with the law is purely coincidental at this point. Although none of them have been major characters like Jin.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW Groundbeef, no offense, but Kam has been given the "official" role of starting the season 4 thread when the time comes. It's become kind of a tradition. :yesnod:

Groundbeef
10-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Groundbeef, you must be living in your own little time shifting world as you missed a whole season! We're at season 4. :hand:
I find it hard to believe that killing off the characters who have had run-ins with the law is purely coincidental at this point. Although none of them have been major characters like Jin.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW Groundbeef, no offense, but Kam has been given the "official" role of starting the season 4 thread when the time comes. It's become kind of a tradition. :yesnod:

No offense to Kam. Just didn't want this to get lost as post #658 or whatever the old thread is at. Kam can start the "official" season 4 post when needed.

BTW I can't belive its season 4. I think I musta been under the black cloud when I wrote season 3!

Also, I would suggest that Ecko was a pretty "major" character. He had several plot lines surround him, and was pretty central with Charlie, and Locke. Pretty damn close to the time on screen as Jin has.

I'm with you though, it CANNOT be coincidence that if you bust the law, your out of the show. If this is "policy" I only wish it would extend to other areas of the public interest. Such as sports...seriously, how many "chances" can your star linebacker get? Or your high scoring forward, or your pill popping outfielder? I wish all organizations would take some a stand. I congratulate the writers! I just hope to God that Kate, and Jack have full time chauffers!:yesnod:

kexodusc
10-26-2007, 08:53 AM
I was thinking Jin gets axed next - not because of real world problems, but because he's probably the least involved in the plots/themes. You could kill him off, and let Sun carry on with having his baby and so forth without losing any real steam.
Heck, he's not even as polarizing a character as Charlie was.

Eko was a major player for awhile, but he was also a Tailie - he had no chance.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I was thinking Jin gets axed next - not because of real world problems, but because he's probably the least involved in the plots/themes.

True, but he's some serious eye-candy. I'd miss him.

kexodusc
10-26-2007, 09:35 AM
True, but he's some serious eye-candy. I'd miss him.
Pssshhaaw...I guess...if you like that exotic, buff, muscular type...

Groundbeef
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Pssshhaaw...I guess...if you like that exotic, buff, muscular type...

For some reason I just had a total non-sequiter. What if Borat washed up on the shore of LOST? Talk about FUNNY...

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
How on earth did you get Borat from "exotic, buff" and "muscular"?! :lol:

Groundbeef
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
How on earth did you get Borat from "exotic, buff" and "muscular"?! :lol:

Thats where the "total non-sequiter" came in.

ForeverAutumn
10-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Of course.

Groundbeef
10-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Since I'm driving this thread into the ground, we might as well end it on a high note. The Borat angle is rather interesting. Please list your top 5 Good/Bad list of people you would like to see on LOST. Of course they will be subsequently killed, but not after doing something. Also, they can either be "real" or characters in either TV or movies. Mine would be:

People I'd like to see make a guest apperance
1. Borat. He would make a total ass of himself...and not realize it until smokey ate him.
2. Jack Bauer- Just give him 10 minutes with Benry, and we'd have it all figured out.
3. Jeff Goldblum- He did pretty good on Jurassic Park, plus I'd like to see him die.
4. Tom Cruise- He's got at least 2 ladies he could coach through Post-Partum, then get eaten.
5. Cathrine Zeta Jones. Shes just hot.

People I'd rather not see on Lost:
1. Richard Simmons. Need I say more?
2. Richard Dryfuss. Good for making an Opus, not so much with a campfire.
3. Billy Crystal. Couldn't hack it in the SouthWest, imagine on an island.
4. Fran Dresher. Although seeing her get eaten would be nice, it would be torture just getting there.
5. Betty White. She's not nearly as hot as Zeta Jones, plus Ruth would kick her ass.