yet another phones thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yet another phones thread

herm0016
10-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I am looking for a pair to use while in the computer labs on campus, on the airplane to cali over break and for whatever else inbetween. I am looking to spend around 100 bucks. I am currently looking at picking up a pair of sony 7506's ( or V6) depending on the price difference, to my knowledge there is no difference btw the 2 except the color of the sticker on the side and the non-gold plated 1/4 and 1/8 plug. these are good phones, i have used them in our studio and at the yamaha pm-5000 sitting at front of house in the theater, these are also what the professional sound guys bring with them, Greg Rubin of Alan Parsons Live Project has a pair of the V6's he uses while mixing live shows.
that said, I always like to have something different and am wondering if anyone can suggest something that will give me as much bang for my buck at these. i was also looking at the bayer dynamic and AudioTecnica phones. the AT phones look fragile to me, but i could be wrong. thanks for any advice. :14: