Denon Authorized Refurbished ????????? Any Experience/opinion? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon Authorized Refurbished ????????? Any Experience/opinion?

airblue23
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
On the Denon website they list 3 companies that are authorized resellers of Denon B Stock/Refurbished DVD players. Does anyone have any experience in purchasing a high end refurbished unit? I can get a Denon DVD-2930ci DVD Player for $500 refurbished with a 1 year warranty vs. paying $850 new. Alternatively, I will go with the best DVD player with 1080p upsampling I can find to pair with my Sharp Aquos LCD LC52D92U.

Please advise!

rwalsh@hotmail.com

elapsed
10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the DVD-2930CI, I've recommended this player countless times in the past, and came close to purchasing for myself. But for the same price as the refurbished model you can purchase a new Toshiba HD-XA2, which features the same outstanding Silicon Optix Reon-VX HQV video processing, and plays full 1080p HD DVD. No question I would purchase the Toshiba, or I would hold out for a new Denon DVD-3800BDCI Blu-Ray Player, featuring Silicon Optix Realta HQV video processing (next step up, very likely my next purchase).

topspeed
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I've purchased a couple of refurb'd Denon avr's from ecost.com and have been quite pleased. I bought my dad one and then later replaced it with newer model. The older one is now in my garage and still works perfectly after 5 or 6 years.

Good way to go IMO.