State vs corporate construction [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : State vs corporate construction

GMichael
10-24-2007, 05:20 AM
We have one interstate that comes through the town I work in. Back in July, they closed the west bound on-ramp for construction. I now have to take back roads each night to the next town to get on the highway home. Two weeks after it had been closed, workers started showing up to survey the area. 3 weeks after that, they began tearing up the old ramp. Now it's late October and they have brought in some dirt to spread around. Not a whole lot of progress going on.
In the mean time, there was an old abandoned building on the other side of the highway. It's been empty for as long as I can remember. A few weeks ago I noticed that it had been torn down. A day later, all the ruble was removed. Every morning when I come in, I can see that more work has been done. Leveled off one day, foundation going in the next. Today, the building is up. It's a new Lowes with a sign saying that it's opening next weekend.

The interstate ramp is still closed. The sign there says they'll be done on December 28th. My my, what a difference.