Dealers and Manufacturers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dealers and Manufacturers

jim goulding
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I am a manufacturer and a Audio Review member. I am this on another site that permits me along with dealers and other manufacturers to participate in a special section for this purpose.

I want to offer AR members a member price on what I do. I did this on this other site when it was suggested by a member and am making a lot of members there very happy. I would like to do that here.

JohnMicheal tells that it is up to you, the members. I recommend this as a benefit to you. Not just because of what I would like to do but because of what could possibly be drawn in the future.

Perhaps, in a section dedicated for this purpose at the bottom of the home page, I don't know.

I'll be the test case, if that's alright, and I encourage your discourse, freely and frankly, on the subject. I'm sure JohnMichael will be taking notes.

Thank you.

Jim Goulding

Feanor
10-24-2007, 04:51 AM
I am a manufacturer and a Audio Review member. I am this on another site that permits me along with dealers and other manufacturers to participate in a special section for this purpose.

I want to offer AR members a member price on what I do. I did this on this other site when it was suggested by a member and am making a lot of members there very happy. I would like to do that here.

JohnMicheal tells that it is up to you, the members. I recommend this as a benefit to you. Not just because of what I would like to do but because of what could possibly be drawn in the future.

Perhaps, in a section dedicated for this purpose at the bottom of the home page, I don't know.

I'll be the test case, if that's alright, and I encourage your discourse, freely and frankly, on the subject. I'm sure JohnMichael will be taking notes.

Thank you.

Jim Goulding

Additional "Products for Sale" or whatever forum would be fine with me provided that it that posting was open to registered and verified members only. It would need to be controlled for spam in much the same way as the other forums.

The owners of the site, however, might object on the basis that advertising must be paid for.

kexodusc
10-24-2007, 07:56 AM
I agree with ^

markw
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
By virtue of your contribution to the community here so far, I think we can safely assume you're not a spammer. As such, I have no problem with your offer. It's those one-post- wonders that irk me.

Now, how this is accomplished, I don't know. Perhaps they could give you a good price on an ad? ...or do you simply do it on a post that will eventually scroll down and off the screen?

GMichael
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm all for special pricing. Count me in.

topspeed
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a great idea! I bought my tv from tvauthority.com using a special avsforums discount and would love to see more manufacturers and dealers on this site.

herm0016
10-24-2007, 06:35 PM
we could have a forum with a minimum post limit to enter. this would be a good way to keep out one post wonders. It would be great to have a list of "cottage industry" manufactures. i am part of a backpacking forum that has a nice list and regular following to many small time manufactures of specialized backpacking gear.

jim goulding
10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Mark, all. I agree with Fe and Kex regards protocol. All of you are opting PRO for the right reasons, I think. When there are deals in the wind, I could include some info that comes my way on the occasion that I think it would be beneficial. For example, I know of a hifi dealer who is blowing out his Green Mountain Audio line to include a pair of Callisto's for $1860 (3k retail) and a pair of Europa Max's for $1200 (1900 retail). Or not, depending on if you would like to hear about a find now and then. That does not include shipping BTW, and be forewarned, those Callisto's weigh 60lbs a piece (moulded concrete enclosures). You guys would be able do the same, I would think, if this is permitted.

Please continue with your discussion, all.