Part 3 of Surrounded by Surround [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Part 3 of Surrounded by Surround

recoveryone
02-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Garage system: Kenwood VR 305, CD Player Magnavox 5 dics, Fronts Optimus Pro X77's Center Magnavox (Chepo) Rears Parasound (had them since 83)

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0637z/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/garageunit.jpg

I thought the rack in the next pic was a nice touch.....LOL
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0637z/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/graragefront.jpg.w300h305.jpg

The old stand by's they been with me since my old Ford Pinto days.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0637z/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/garagerear.jpg.w300h367.jpg

Worf101
02-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Surround in the garage???! Do you really spend enough time in there to justify that or did you keep goin because you just couldn't stop yourself??? Be honest, we all know it's an insidious addiction. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem....

Da Worfster :D

recoveryone
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Hey Wolf, I had to clean out my closet of some of this stuff and did not want to throw it out. I still have an old Technics Timer and an Akia Tuner along with a Philips pre amp.

Bryan
02-27-2004, 12:25 PM
You're truly nuts! ;) I've got two words for you: yard sale. Another good one: eBay. ;)

Woochifer
02-27-2004, 12:38 PM
And I get blamed for all this?! :)

Sheesh, surrounded by surround is a rather sheepish understatement! The main system looks pretty good, though I didn't quite see where you placed your mains underneath all that hardware! Youre probably right that T-man might have something to say about the surround speaker placement (but, that WAF rears its head in rather inopportune ways sometimes!)! I also see that you're spoiling ... errrr ... raising your kids right with all those surround systems in their rooms. Growing up, all I had in my room was a clock radio!

I thought all was well and good in the life of the HT enthusiast ... until I saw that surround system in the garage! Dude, that's stepping over the line into some serious 12-step territory! Good to see though that you're providing well for the entire family, good job! Oh and BTW, that signage for the Pioneer Elite was a pretty good find.

recoveryone
02-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey Woo, I only have 5 so why not. LOL The oldest is a freshman in college and then I have 8th grader, 6th grader, 2nd grader then the 3yrold. The boys love it, all their friends come over to play PS2 just for the sound. Growing up for me was surround by music all the time (Motown sound) and my Dad picked up a nice Sansui system in England back in 1966. I used those speakers up until about 3yrs ago (pass them on to a brother-n-law) The garage setup is just extra gear I didn't want to go to waste, but it will come in handie during the holidays (I put all the kids/relative kids in the garage to keep my house in tact...LOL). So they can move the PS2 out there (there is an old 19" T.V. 1984 here still works.

I try to hit up all the electronic stores up on old display signs, you never know.