Will Time Warner HD Catch Up to Direct TV HD Anytime Soon? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Will Time Warner HD Catch Up to Direct TV HD Anytime Soon?

Peachesbackwards
10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I was absolutely shocked to see Direct TV is now offering a huge amount of channels on HD that I didn't even know had HD like SciFi Channel, USA, etc. I've been getting around 12 or so channels in HD from TIme Warner inc. Showtime & HBO as well as the networks outside of CW. Does anyone have any idea when & if Time Warner is going to add more channels in HD? I live in an apartment complex & I'm not sure if a Satallite is allowed there much less if
it'll work on my balcony so its not really an option for me, unfortunately.

L.J.
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, I didn't know that either. Just got off Direct TV's website and started to drool. I'm starting to wonder what the heck Comcast is doing. They better get some more channels soon!

s dog
10-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I was absolutely shocked to see Direct TV is now offering a huge amount of channels on HD that I didn't even know had HD like SciFi Channel, USA, etc. I've been getting around 12 or so channels in HD from TIme Warner inc. Showtime & HBO as well as the networks outside of CW. Does anyone have any idea when & if Time Warner is going to add more channels in HD? I live in an apartment complex & I'm not sure if a Satallite is allowed there much less if
it'll work on my balcony so its not really an option for me, unfortunately.
I wish the whole world would go HD so we could watch HD know matter what we had, satallite,cable,ota, But then that would be to easy.

Mr Peabody
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
All I can say is I feel your pain. I'm with Charter and they are the same as your cable provider. There are many stations like National Geographic and A&E who advertise they are now HD while the ole cable company keeps sending it in the regular way. All the while wanting to charge extra for the few stations they do have in HD.

The analog TV broadcasts are supposed to get turned of in 2009. Next year I hope will bring about some movement.

L.J.
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Think I'm gonna give Comcast a call today. I may be jumping over to Direct TV. Anybody have Direct TV? How's their CS? Equipment?

One thing my entire family hates about Comcast, is that the channels freeze sometimes when you change them. It happens in every room that has a box. I even have to unplug the stupid box sometimes to get it working again.

GMichael
10-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Sniff sniff..

I'm stuck. All we get is some local back woods cable company. Too many trees for any kind of satellite. The prices keep going up while the service keeps going down. They know they have us cornered.

L.J.
10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
Sniff sniff..

I'm stuck. All we get is some local back woods cable company. Too many trees for any kind of satellite. The prices keep going up while the service keeps going down. They know they have us cornered.

Well, this is why you need another HD source besides cable. Bluray perhaps :ihih:

GMichael
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Well, this is why you need another HD source besides cable. Bluray perhaps :ihih:

Working on it. The 80GB bundle is tempting. (I see they extended the 5 free BR movie offer till January) Still waiting to see what they're gonna do with all those 60's. A deal is around the corner.

Comcast does up to about 2 blocks away from me. They have an office that's walking distance away, but we can't get them. We have to buy from "Blue Ridge Communications" or nothing.