Anyone ever "heard" Usher brand speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever "heard" Usher brand speakers?

Worf101
11-20-2003, 11:00 AM
I've been running across these on ebay lately. Never hoid of em so I said "hmmmmm" :confused: and took a look at their website. Any every used, bought, seen or heard of these Chinese made speakers? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Usher Audio (http://www.usheraudio.com/)

Da Worfster

dagjohnsen
01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I am getting a pair of CP-8872 in March.
They are beautiful and get good tests, I believe they are very good. By the way they are not Chinese, they are made in Taichung, Taiwan.

Geoffcin
01-11-2004, 09:54 AM
I've been running across these on ebay lately. Never hoid of em so I said "hmmmmm" :confused: and took a look at their website. Any every used, bought, seen or heard of these Chinese made speakers? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Usher Audio (http://www.usheraudio.com/)

Da Worfster
I like a lot of what I saw on the website, especially the "horn series" D2 but I'm a bit confused. They show a bio of Dr. D'Appolito, but nowhere does it say that he is their chief designer. If it is then they should say so.

F1
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
I like a lot of what I saw on the website, especially the "horn series" D2 but I'm a bit confused. They show a bio of Dr. D'Appolito, but nowhere does it say that he is their chief designer. If it is then they should say so.

Yes it is there in the introduction page of the website. I saw their ad in some British magazines so my guess is that they are more popular in UK.

Geoffcin
01-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Yes it is there in the introduction page of the website. I saw their ad in some British magazines so my guess is that they are more popular in UK.

Wow, I just saw some for sale on AudiogoN.com They command some pretty steep prices, on the order of Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, and other premium boxes.

ryewoods
01-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, they are very good speakers. Their drivers are also often used in DIY projects.

Worf101
01-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the love and information folks.

Da Worfster