Speakers for DENON DRA375RD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for DENON DRA375RD

Guenette
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi,

I actually have a receiver DENON 375RD with the cd player and a set of Polk Audio RT-7. I would like to replace my speakers by good littles speakers. Do you have anything to suggest me for my receiver.

I want a good sound's quality.

Thanks
Martin.

PDN
10-31-2007, 08:01 PM
The Denon DRA375RD is a 60 watt x 2 stereo receiver. You are asking for recommendations for bookshelf (little) speakers to replace your Polks. Is that correct? If so, well I can tell you there are many many choices. Much of it depends on how much you want to spend. Another factor is your room size and whether or not you intend to add a powered sub-woofer to extend the bass. High end brands offering bookshelfs not sold in the mass market stores (Circuit City, Best Buy, etc) include B&W, NHT, PSB, Proac, Epos, Boston Acoustics, Energy, to name a few. I happen to be partial to B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) and they just introduced their latest 600 series loudspeakers. The 685 and 686are the two standmounts in this series and are superb. I auditioned them myself a few months ago and they are state of the art. Detail, bass extension, mid-range, soundstage, all fantastic. I recommend you audition these yourself at your closest B&W dealer. Good luck.