Excellent Within Temptation album [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Within Temptation album

Mr Peabody
10-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I just got my copy of The Heart of Everything and wow! what a difference. My first Within Temptation, Sins of Thy Beloved, was a bit disappointing. The engineering or production was bad. The instruments were all unbalanced and overall not so good sound. The Heart of Everything is a refined, focused and much more commercial sounding album. Sharon Den Adel is out front on vocals, no growling male vocals, and she delivers an excellent performance. The songs are some what formulated, they've been kept in check so the solos and Prog filler is limited. With that being said what the songs do have are flavors of the bands roots, catchy hooks and melodies which all make for very likeable songs. There are even a couple nice ballads. Did I mention yet that Sharon can really sing? Some one molded them to go after the Evanescence audience and I'm sure there will be comparisons but WT does so much better on this album. Evanescence may be the first group the corporate pigs saw fit to give a break but aren't the best representative of the genre by a long shot. Actually they quite pale in comparison to WT and masters like Nightwish or Tristania.

But back to the point of the reason I posted, if you don't have a problem with a more commercial sound The Heart of Everything really is an excellent album. It will be in my listening stack for some time. I hope the album gets them some recognition. There is some enhancements on the disc I haven't checked out yet. I have to put the disc in my computer. It's probably a video.

3-LockBox
10-19-2007, 04:39 AM
I'll have to check this one out - thanks for the post.

I haven't checked out the new Nightwish yet, either. Have you heard that Nightwish has a different female singer now?

Mr Peabody
10-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I saw on the website way back that Tarja was no longer in the band and it was a big stink as to who did what. They said they were looking for a new singer but I didn't know they already had a new album with her. I'll have to seek it out. I have to admit that Tarja went a bit over the top with the operatic style on some albums. Once, is still my favorite by them.

3-LockBox
10-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I have to admit that Tarja went a bit over the top with the operatic style on some albums. Once, is still my favorite by them.

Its like that with many bands of that genre. When it works, its spectacular, when it doesn't, its cringe inducing.