any info on infinity RSa speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : any info on infinity RSa speakers?

rx7speed
10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
never heard of them and can't seem to find much info on them other then it's a 10" woofer and some ribbon like tweaker 2 way design and that they are old.

you guys have any ideas on how they sound and what they are cabable of doing?

cjpremierfour
10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
This was part of the Infinity Reference Studio Monitor series, it was introduced back in 1979. The speaker is rated between 25 to 150 watts per channel RMS, it has a crossover freq of 3000 hz and is 4 ohms. The freq range is 45 to 32K at +/- 3 db's. Suggested retail price was $450 back then.
You can find the RS series catalog and the RSa manual at the Classic Infinity website. I use to own these speaker a very long time ago and remember wanting a mid-range. I later sold these and moved up to the RSb's. These were great speakers back then, make sure you test the emit tweeters before buying these. They are rare and kind of expensive.

**Sound wise: I remember them sounding dynamic with a little touch of upper bass boost, the tweeter was and still is, one of the best made. I also believe the speaker had a bass and treble adjust.
** just my opinion

rx7speed
10-18-2007, 06:21 PM
so I'm taking it they are worth 60 bucks if they work.

rx7speed
10-23-2007, 06:05 AM
as far as your comment about wanting a midrange how hard would it be to put a decent midrange in there? I know I'm seeing a few of the polydome midranges online for sale and I'm sure I can cut a whole and solder/shrink wrap some wires together I just am not sure what values on resistors/caps I would need to remake the cross over circuit.