Damn, how long does it take to ship from the UK? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Damn, how long does it take to ship from the UK?

Finch Platte
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
I got a notice my Porcupine Tree - Nil Recurring (cd) had been shipped on the 1st, and it's still not here. :mad5:

Should it take that long? :mad2:

fp

Edit: And I hope they included this: burning shed - sampler three (cd) This item is free with any Burning Shed label purchase.

Burning Shed's third label sampler is perhaps it's most eclectic and accomplished.

Featuring contributions from, amongst others, Hugh Hopper (with Robert Wyatt), William D Drake (North Sea Orchestra, Cardiacs), Tim Bowness (No-Man), Roger Eno, and Cipher (Theo Travis and Dave Sturt), the music seamlessly moves from electronic soundscapes through jazz-tinged experiments via evocative singer-songwriter melodicism and skewed English eccentricity.

3-LockBox
10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I got a notice my Porcupine Tree - Nil Recurring (cd) had been shipped on the 1st, and it's still not here. :mad5:

Should it take that long? :mad2:

You didn't ship it White Star Line, did you? They don't have a very good rep.

Finch Platte
10-15-2007, 07:18 AM
You didn't ship it White Star Line, did you? They don't have a very good rep.

It may have been this shipping line, I dunno.
http://www.interet-general.info/IMG/titanic-2.jpg

fp

GMichael
10-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Is it coming by air, sea or (shudder) book rate?

By air: Less than a day to reach the US, then one day to clear Customs, then however long from the point of entry to you. (usually just another day)

By sea: About a week to 2 weeks depending on how long it was held until a container was filled. Then another 2 weeks to clear Customs. Then POE to you.

By book rate: About 6 months. (if you're lucky)

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I ordered a poster from the Roger Dean web site in April and it took about four weeks.

unleasHell
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
My NIL's took about two to three weeks, just sit tight....

Finch Platte
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
My NIL's took about two to three weeks, just sit tight....

Yeah, you're right. It came today, altho w/ out the free comp disc the website promised. :incazzato: I'll see if I complain, maybe they'll send me one. :confused:

Thanks for the replies, all. :3:

fp

Edit: I've been notified by the site that PT is not a Burning Shed artist, hence I don't get the freebie. Damn.