Los Lonely Boys - Heads Up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Los Lonely Boys - Heads Up

JDaniel
02-26-2004, 07:28 PM
They are supposed to be on Jay Leno tomorrow night (Friday 2-27). I've been playing the heck out of this cd lately. If you ever liked, Carlos Santana, SRV, Johnny Winter, Richie Valens, Los Lobos etc, you'll find a slice of each in their music.

JD

Hyfi
02-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Have you watched the video that is on the CD? I love the energy of the Bass brother as well as when he plays both his bass and the guitar. If you could wear out a cd, I'm well on my way. Thanks for the heads up...maybe I'll tape it.

Davey
03-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Funny, I saw a TV commercial for this CD the other day. Sony must really be putting some money behind it. Kind of a mini-video with music playing and a voice over extolling the virtues of the lonely boys debut and phone number to order it from Sony direct. I wonder how they decide which artist is hot enough to get that kind of treatment? Have they been getting a lot of radio airplay and other media exposure? I haven't really heard that much about them except around here, but then again I don't pay a lot of attention to what's popular so I'm often the last to know :)

Didn't really sound like the type of music that I listen to much these days but did sound good.

Hyfi
03-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Funny, I saw a TV commercial for this CD the other day. Sony must really be putting some money behind it. Kind of a mini-video with music playing and a voice over extolling the virtues of the lonely boys debut and phone number to order it from Sony direct. I wonder how they decide which artist is hot enough to get that kind of treatment? Have they been getting a lot of radio airplay and other media exposure? I haven't really heard that much about them except around here, but then again I don't pay a lot of attention to what's popular so I'm often the last to know :)

Didn't really sound like the type of music that I listen to much these days but did sound good.

I would not say popular at all here in the east. They are being given decent air time on our college/public station here-WXPN. You can check out the station on the web at XPN.org

They give alot of alternative-singer/songwriter type music good airplay, including lots of things I only heard of here at RR. I have not seen the comercial nor have an answer to how they promote, but I can say that they picked a damn good band to use. Alot may have to do with the music content. Nothing negative here and plenty positive. Oh and I'm sure some will like the fact that like most Spanish speaking people, they are highly religious down to the crosses tattooed on their bodies and the gold crosses they wear. That and one of the best songs on the disk-How Far Is Heaven. The music is awesome here with an old fashioned middle of the song jam,(most of thier tracks do follow this) and the words reflect how alot of us feel here on earth.

There are a few filler songs but it's still a disk I listen to all the way thru and not just program 4 or 5 songs. If you like SRV, Jimmi, Santana, this is for you. If you like Indigenous, think of Mato with less grunge, more finness, and a real backing band.

I missed the lenno show......anyone catch it?

Hyfi