help, new system. Usher CP777II and Artemis EOS+ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : help, new system. Usher CP777II and Artemis EOS+

wayneker
10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I have 2 sets of speakers, Usher CP-777 II with beryllium tweeter and Artemis EOS+ (without the bass module), both are driven by Marantz PM-14SA.

The Ushers are brand new and hasn't burned in to its full potential yet. As of now, Artemis sounds more delicate, refined and more resolving. With very good mid and high definition. The sound stage is smaller then Usher with slightly better imaging.

The Usher, however, has a lot more punch on mid and low end. While not as controlled as Artemis, the bass/mid is still tight and clean while reaching deeper then the Artemis. The mid is a bit mushier then the Artemis, not saying it's bad, just relative speaking. The sound stage is huge, feel like the whole front wall is singing to you. The high is also very resolving but less analytical then the Artemis.

Due to some unforeseen financial reasons, I have to let go one of them and I don't really have time to wait for the Usher to burn in to its full potential.

Or maybe I am using the wrong Amp for either one of them?

Can someone with experience in either speaker give me some opinion?

basite
10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
how big is your room? and how far are you sitting away from your speakers?

I always find that making a huge difference...
also, have you played around with placement? try toeing in your speakers a little more or less. and how far are they from the rear wall?

Good luck,
Bert.

wayneker
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I have no idea how big my bedroom is. It's sad to say the space is not of an optimal use due to a king size bed. The listening position is on the bed near the end of the bed. The speaker is about 50cm out in front of the opposite end and 20 CM from the back wall. I can't really play with placement due to furniture, wall and ceiling.....