HD - ProScan PS32800HR TV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HD - ProScan PS32800HR TV

walligator
10-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I am looking for connection options for connecting an HD cable receiver to my ProScan PS32800HR - Hi-Resolution digital TV. When I connect through the component input, the best resolution I can achieve is 480i.

There is an S/VGA input on the television and I was wondering if I used a component/SVGA cable to connect receiver, if I could get better results. I had read somewhere that I would have to change the settings on my TV, for reception through the S/VGA port, but my manual for the TV makes no mention of how to do this.

Conversely, if it's not worth the hassle for the cable receiver, should I connect my Panasonic DMR-E80H DVD player/recorder through the S/VGA port? I had to move the connection for this device from the component input on the TV (as there is only one), to connect th cable receiver, and I find the S/Video input on the TV doesn't give the same picture quality with the DVD player as with the component input.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

pixelthis
10-07-2007, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=walligator]I am looking for connection options for connecting an HD cable receiver to my ProScan PS32800HR - Hi-Resolution digital TV. When I connect through the component input, the best resolution I can achieve is 480i.

There is an S/VGA input on the television and I was wondering if I used a component/SVGA cable to connect receiver, if I could get better results. I had read somewhere that I would have to change the settings on my TV, for reception through the S/VGA port, but my manual for the TV makes no mention of how to do this.

Conversely, if it's not worth the hassle for the cable receiver, should I connect my Panasonic DMR-E80H DVD player/recorder through the S/VGA port? I had to move the connection for this device from the component input on the TV (as there is only one), to connect th cable receiver, and I find the S/Video input on the TV doesn't give the same picture quality with the DVD player as with the component input.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The best thing for the svga would be a computer, thats what its there for.
If your cable box is just showing 480i its not set up correctly, if its a motorola turn it off, hit MENU on the front panel, and choose the resolution you think would be best for your set.
THATS THE WAY MINE WORKS.
As for hooking a computer up with the svga, a desktop looks great large.
If your set has svga through a dvi connector you should be able to hook up your dvd player if its compatible.
Also a lot of sets that are advertised as "digital" only have an atsc tuner, everything they show is standard def.
Your set is older, and from what I read, doesnt have an internal line doubler.
If thats the case then you need the cable box, set 480p as the output for standard def shows, and your TV should display it
:1: