Anyone else hear a fire arms enthusiast? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear a fire arms enthusiast?

Mr Peabody
10-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I am not a hunter but I do like to shoot guns. I'm not big on shotguns. I'm more into hand guns and semi-automatic rifles. Actually, I'd like to have a fully automatic. I like rapid fire. Unfortunately, I don't get to go out and shoot as much as I'd like.

My favorites to shoot is my 357 Colt Trooper and SKS. The SKS I have is a cheap Chinese import just for having fun with. I'm not sure if these were manufactured any place else or they just ship us the cheap ones. A friend of mine had one he wanted to sell me and I'm kicking myself for not taking it, at the time I thought he was asking too much. His was nicely finished and all mechanical actions were very smooth. Mine is finished but not like his was, not as good, and the mechanisms are tight, not in a good way. I did manage to buy the 30 round banana clip for it though. The Trooper is a masterpiece, as most Colts are. It has an 8" barrel with a solid rib. Every action is smooth as silk. Really fun to shoot.

If you don't mind saying, what do you have and what type of shooting do you enjoy?

Feanor
10-07-2007, 04:03 AM
I am not a hunter but I do like to shoot guns. I'm not big on shotguns. I'm more into hand guns and semi-automatic rifles. Actually, I'd like to have a fully automatic. I like rapid fire. Unfortunately, I don't get to go out and shoot as much as I'd like.

If you don't mind saying, what do you have and what type of shooting do you enjoy?

I haven't done any shooting since I moved to this city three years ago but it's been 7-8 years since I've done very much. I sold a few pieces when I moved here but still have a few.

Right now I have the following:

Smith & Wesson Model 15 38 Spl. with 6" model 14 barrel
Paraordnance 16-40 40mm S&W with up sight, trigger, and hammer upgrades
Smith & Wesson Model 35 (?) 38 Sp. with 2" barrel
Rugger Mini-14 with upgrade iron sight and fiberglass stock
Winchester Model 52 sporter, ,22 LR, (branded Remington -- very rare), with Bushnell 3-9x scope.Gun laws in Canada are restrictive relative to most of the USA. This puts a damper on things. For example the Model 35 is "prohibited" for having a barrel < 4.5"; I get to keep it only because it only because I'm "grandfathered". For another, magazines larger than 5 rounds are totally prohibited, (no grandfathering), on for long guns over .22 LR. Of course, the gun laws have done diddly to reduce criminal usage of guns.

Rich-n-Texas
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Gun enthusiast here!

Here are a couple of pics:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20Hobbies/Gunsandammo.jpg

And a closeup of my Taurus 9mm:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/My%20Hobbies/Taurus9mm.jpg

If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have purchased a full-size handgun, but it's a smooth operator nonetheless.

Remington "Fieldmaster" 572 pump-action .22 cal
Remington "Wingmaster" 870 pump-action 12 gauge shotgun

I like pump guns. :biggrin5:

(Note: Yes, those toes are still attached!)

Mr Peabody
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I should have known we'd hear from Texas :) My dad had one of those 870's, pretty sweet.