Wow! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

markw
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Scrolling down this page shows more deleted spam posts than real ones.

I still think being able to find this site, register and post in one swell foop is wrong. It invites that sort of abuse.

There should be some sort of confirmation step whereby the newbie must at least respond to an email sent to them by this site before posting. At least that would make ;em work for a living.

Others sites that do that seem to have less of a spam problem.

Oh yeah, that might affect the hit count.

L.J.
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM

I still think being able to find this site, register and post in one swell foop is wrong. It invites that sort of abuse.

There should be some sort of confirmation step whereby the newbie must at least respond to an email sent to them by this site before posting. At least that would make ;em work for a living.

I think at AVS you have to reply to 5 posts before you can start your own thread. May help here a little.

E-Stat
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
John Michael has been busy. That's largely what mods do. :)

rw

markw
10-06-2007, 03:59 AM
John Michael has been busy. That's largely what mods do. :)

rwWhat, with his quick response time when notified of one of this miscreants actions and all.

It's just that it seems a waste of his, or any mod's, time to have to continually swat flies when they could simply close the screen door to stop 'em from getting in to begin with.

Rich-n-Texas
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM

You're pi$$ing in the wind Mark.

JohnMichael
10-08-2007, 07:37 AM
This is the thread that made me question if members would prefer spam to be deleted and remain as deleted or to be physically removed.

markw
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Seeing al lthese empty posts remnds me of when the Romans would line up their dying and dead crucified along the Appian way, as if to scare off any potential miscreants from acting up.

Perhaps it worked for them. It doersn't seem to faze ours, though. It does, however, show them that they can, at least for a short priod of time, garner some attention here.

Plus,if these empty posts were gone, more "real" posts would be visible on the first page.

And, you're doing a good job here, make no mistake. I just think that your job (whatever is is ;) ) would be made easier if they put up some screens so you don't have to run around with the fly-swatter.