Greetings........... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings...........

Z-Man
10-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I just want to say "Hi" to everyone on the site as I'm a new guy here. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, however here it is. I've been into sound systems since the sixties and am the first one to try out new technology when it hit's the streets. An instance being I own an HD-DVD as well as a Blu-Ray. Got a good price on the Blu-Ray so I went for it. Anyway, I'm prepared for whatever way the HD/BluRay format war pans out. Reminds of the Beta/VHS scenario. I hope to learn from this site what's good, what's bad, what's new...you get the picture. Hopefully I can add some info that may help in the near future. Thanks for reading. Regards, Don Z

Wireworm5
10-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, we need new blood around here as posts have stalled. I don't have much to say anymore as I've run out of ideas and said what I wanted to say for the most part.
My claim to audiophile status is that those who have heard my system (hasn't been alot) say its the best stereo they've heard. And that gives me satisfaction as my technical knowledge is limited.
Go ahead and post threads most of the regulars will respond if we think we can help. And you can never know too much. And there is no end to what you can learn in audio.

filecat13
10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Hope you can find what you need here and hope we can learn something from you, too.

Here's a corollary to Wireworm5's posting of "And you can never know too much," which I wholeheartedly agree with: you can never know too much, but you can think that you do. So if you run into a know-it-all or two here, just keep your perspective, and things will be fine. :thumbsup:

kelsci
10-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Z-man; welcome to audioreview. I like you have been fooling around with sound systems, less so in the 50s, more so in the 60s and on. I hope you are enjoying your new BD and HD-DVD players.

bobsticks
10-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forums Z.

drseid
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I just want to say "Hi" to everyone on the site as I'm a new guy here. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, however here it is. I've been into sound systems since the sixties and am the first one to try out new technology when it hit's the streets. An instance being I own an HD-DVD as well as a Blu-Ray. Got a good price on the Blu-Ray so I went for it. Anyway, I'm prepared for whatever way the HD/BluRay format war pans out. Reminds of the Beta/VHS scenario. I hope to learn from this site what's good, what's bad, what's new...you get the picture. Hopefully I can add some info that may help in the near future. Thanks for reading. Regards, Don Z

Welcome,Don. I am another format neutral guy. We have definitely had a lot of back and forth going on here regarding the two formats and a lot of it is sounding the same at this point (my own views included). Nice to have new folks to add their take to the discussion and many other areas here.

---Dave

s dog
10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome - got the bug back in the early 70's

hydroman
10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Welcome!
I got the bug back when i traded in my 8-track for a cassette deck (on my used '72 Impala). And before that when i was using cardboard (not joking) and old stereo cabinet drivers to make my own speakers and THEN learning impedences n' stuff. Yes, they sounded dreadful - but at least i learned why. I went audiophile when i bought an equalizer (and then learned that my reciever didn't have preout/ins ... [geeze].