Mini (3.5mm or 1/8") to RCA and Mini to Phone (1/4") [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mini (3.5mm or 1/8") to RCA and Mini to Phone (1/4")

nealt128
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Just bought a CR4 Korg 4-track and was wondering if some of the cables I was planning on buying will work.

If I buy a Mini (3.5mm or 1/8") to RCA cable (CR4 has RCA line out) will I be able to plug that Mini right into my computers microphone jack and be able to recieve?

and...

If I buy a Mini to Phone (1/4") cable will I be able to connect the Mini to my headphone jack on my computer and be able to plug the Phone(1/4") into the CR4's phone jack and be able to send?

markw
10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
If I buy a Mini (3.5mm or 1/8") to RCA cable (CR4 has RCA line out) will I be able to plug that Mini right into my computers microphone jack and be able to recieve? ...3.5mm (1/8") stereo to two RCA plugs are a dime a dozen, relatively speaking. These are what people use to play their Ipods or computers through the stereo systems via an aux input.

Check Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or anywhere that sells thys kinds stuff.

If I buy a Mini to Phone (1/4") cable will I be able to connect the Mini to my headphone jack on my computer and be able to plug the Phone( 1/4") into the CR4's phone jack and be able to send?You've got me here. As I said before, I don't know that Korg unit.

But, send what? To where? The Korg analog audio output to your computer? Yes, if your computer has an input but what you do with it from there is up to you.