2 disc compilation available- Operators standing by! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2 disc compilation available- Operators standing by!

Finch Platte
09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I made this for a friend- I know what he likes, and I threw in a few surprises. :ihih: He's the same guy I'm making the PT comp for, and he likes a lot of the same things I do. Let that be a warning to you all. :dita:

If you'd like a set, lemme know. No reprisals necessary, but if you were to insist... :cornut:

Dics 1

Neal Schon/Beth Hart- I Wanna Know You
David Bowie- Dead Man Walking (accoustic, from the Conan O'Brien shoe)
Incubus- Drive (accoustic, from your mom's house. Man, she's got some bodacious tatas.)
Dave Weckl Band- Crossing Paths (live) Very hifi.
Ozric Tentacles (thanks, B Hudson, whomever you are! What's the name of the song?)
Gino Vanelli- Brother To Brother (remember this guy? His drummer had a set of North drums, the ones with the crazy funnel shape to 'em. I bought a set. Worst investment I ever made.
>:^( But Mark Craney on drums on this cut is focking amazing. Likewise Jimmy Haslip on the bass.) *Whew* Crank it.
Steve Winwood- Night Train *yawn*
Fishbone- Alcoholic (subtle dig at him. And me. :( :) )
Oysterhead- Rubberneck Lions (Les Claypool of Primus, Stewart Copeland of da Police, and Trey Anus-tasio of Phish tear it up).
Bill Connors- Crunchy Cuts Up
Sirenia- My Mind's Eye
Evanescence- Call Me When You're Sober (whatever, b!tch)
Dawn Over Zero- Take You Under (Metal Edge mag's Our Stage Contest winners- "the band has been said to have an Incubus groove, King's X soul and a songwriting style described as 'heavy melodic.' ")
Gary Hoey- Money

Dics II

Artis The Spoonman- Plantin' (if you have a fast connection, look up Artis from the Sanborn show, Night Moves, or something like that, on YouTube. Great close-mic'ing on some transient sh!t. Sorry, but that's what he looks like, a g-damn street person.
Class Of '99- Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. II (Just because it's a little different take)
Larry Carlton- Sapphire Blue and A Pair Of Kings
Robben Ford- Talk To Your Daughter (RF's only good disc. Give up, dude.)
Bob Log III- Boob Scotch (a YECH favorite. What does THAT tell you?)
Dada- Dim (live) Bob (bass) and I (drums) used to play this in a band we were in.
The Who- Love Ain't For Keeping (live)
Adam Sandler- Ode To My Car (bleeped version- sorry, pervs)
Abraxas Pool- Dunno the name of the track (stars Neal Schon & Greg Rolie, pre cool Journey)- thanks again BH
Gov't Mule- Mule (If you get a chance to see them play this on the Gov't Mule live DVD, The Deepest End, don't miss it. Incredible, happy bass playing by George Porter, Jr.)
Porky Twee- Fear Of A Blank Planet
Pete Townshend- Give Blood
2112, from the Subdivision tribute disc
Tower Of Power- What Is Hip (live- recorded right here in Stockton, CA) Dey done bring da funk.

fp

3-LockBox
09-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I made this for a friend- I know what he likes, and I threw in a few surprises. :ihih: He's the same guy I'm making the PT comp for, and he likes a lot of the same things I do. Let that be a warning to you all. :dita:

If you'd like a set, lemme know. No reprisals necessary, but if you were to insist... :cornut:

Looks good...I'm in!

PeruvianSkies
09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Me 2.

bobsticks
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I was gonna ask you if you lost a bet and then I thought about my comps. Plus, I looked at disc two and realized that I already own about half of it...