Nice little score of my own today [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nice little score of my own today

Jim Clark
09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Picked up 2 sets of AKG K340 electro stat hybrid headphones complete with boxes and packaging for 20 bucks each. I don't think this older guy ever even used them, they still have the plastic covering up the ear pieces. Can't wait to get them out of the box and on my big head. He was a heck of a nice guy and obviously knew his stuff.

He's also got an old pair of McIntosh speakers in dire need of refoaming but he wants 300 for them. Got the equalizer that goes with them too. Will probably have to pass on those, but it was cool to see.

jc

Mr Peabody
09-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Very cool. Want to sell a pair? Shoot me an email, if so. I'd love to check out a pair of estats. Stax really got my attention but I've never heard a pair and if I did the price is just out of line for headphones. Unless they were the best thing I've ever heard, then, I might possibly spring.

Jim Clark
10-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Very cool. Want to sell a pair? Shoot me an email, if so. I'd love to check out a pair of estats. Stax really got my attention but I've never heard a pair and if I did the price is just out of line for headphones. Unless they were the best thing I've ever heard, then, I might possibly spring.

Maybe down the road I'll sell a pair, but for now I'm gonna hang on to them both. The reports I've read on the K340 suggest that they do their best fwith some mods done to them. I'm going to have one pair modded and keep the other for a reference. It'll be fun to head to a headfi meet and actually have something of worth to take in.

jc

GMichael
10-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Nice find. Good luck with them.
Happy listening.