Emmylou live! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Emmylou live!

dean_martin
09-29-2007, 07:21 AM
My wife and I saw Emmylou Harris last night at the Saenger Theater in Mobile, AL.

Great show! It was like comin' in from the cold and warmin' up by a big fire...or sittin' down to hot homemade biscuits with butter and thick cane syrup.

We got to meet her afterwards, too!

Swish
09-29-2007, 12:39 PM
My wife and I saw Emmylou Harris last night at the Saenger Theater in Mobile, AL.

Great show! It was like comin' in from the cold and warmin' up by a big fire...or sittin' down to hot homemade biscuits with butter and thick cane syrup.

We got to meet her afterwards, too!

We finally got to see her live 2 years ago when she was touring with Gillian Welsh and Patty Griffin. Can't recall the name of the tour but it was really nice. I'd see Emmylou again in a heartbeat.

Swish

jonnyhambone
09-29-2007, 09:26 PM
funny. I was just thinking the other day about how she may be the one person I've seen live most often (besides, I have to admit, loads of Grateful Dead and Phish shows). I think 4 times, twice outdoor summer shows which were fun...both with Sam Bush on mandolin and in two old school theater venues with lots of heavy curtains and similar 'tude. Great shows...I'd have loved to see with the Wildflower (?) album crew - Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt.