Thoughts on Klipsch RF-10 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Klipsch RF-10

tmartell
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I am looking to purchase my first 5.1 system for my living room. We just installed a new 50 inch plasma TV and a Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver.

After reading everything I could find about my various options, I was hoping to get the Intimus 533 Cinema HD. Unfortunately, I couldn't stretch my budget far enough to accommodate it so I am looking for other options.

Has anyone heard the Klipsch RF-10 setup? I am trying to find a store where I can test it out for myself, but I would appreciate any feedback people might have in advance.

Are there other 5.1 systems available for around 1000 that I should take a look at?

Thanks!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-28-2007, 02:10 PM
As you can see from my signature, I am big on horn loaded speakers.

I was never big on Klipsch line of speakers(with the exception of the Heritage series) until the Reference series came along. I have found that all the speakers in that line, from the top down have continued to impress me over and over. I however would recommend you go take a listen before your purchase ANY speaker.

pixelthis
10-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I am looking to purchase my first 5.1 system for my living room. We just installed a new 50 inch plasma TV and a Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver.

After reading everything I could find about my various options, I was hoping to get the Intimus 533 Cinema HD. Unfortunately, I couldn't stretch my budget far enough to accommodate it so I am looking for other options.

Has anyone heard the Klipsch RF-10 setup? I am trying to find a store where I can test it out for myself, but I would appreciate any feedback people might have in advance.

Are there other 5.1 systems available for around 1000 that I should take a look at?

Thanks!

I recently got rid of a set of Klipsch, rb something or other.
They sounded fine with my Integra, which is basically an onkyo.
But the vinyl finish had flecks coming off in the back, and teh speakers are made in China.
But my big problem was the titanium tweeters, I can't take those for an extended period.
I keep trying, but after an hour or so its like a kinfe into my brain:1:

Stereomaniac
10-01-2007, 06:06 AM
I was going to buy the RF-10s. When I first heard them I loved them. Clear, crisp, etc. I take a lot of time when making a purchase and I went back a second and third time to the dealer to listen and brought some of my own disks. Love turned to annoyance. Listener fatigue really started to creep in. A common occurence with Klipsch. What was clarity started to become harshness.

But...Lots of people love Klipsch speakers. Listen to them a couple of times. Get a good feel for them. If you still love them, buy them.

tmartell
10-01-2007, 08:33 AM
I was going to buy the RF-10s.

What did you go with instead?

Stereomaniac
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I went with Phase Technology V-10 towers. They were about $750 for the pair. I have had Phase Techs before and always thought they were a good value. Wide sound stage, natural, and efficient since I am driving them with a 50x50 Kyocera reciever. I use them for music and as left/right for music. I listen at moderate levels and don't like a lot of boom-boom.

If you want something with more punch (and more bass) Phase Tech makes a V-12 with an extra driver and slightly bigger cabinet.